University Medical Center of El Paso

University Medical Center of El Paso Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at University Medical Center of El Paso

Histology Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at University Medical Center of El Paso in April 2012.

Took place before I had to go out of town for brother's funeral. Called on the phone for an interview that afternoon for a temporary position. The Staffing company posed different questions to me, did a drug/background check, and then sent me to the actual Pathology Supervisor. Pleasant, supportive staffing company, but firm in their ways. The Pathology Supervisor was more relaxed in her approach to me with her interview questions. She was friendly but professional as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?   View Answer
    • Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc. What would you do if you saw something on a patient's chart you felt should not be there?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate getting the test results done on my arm done in a different state because of funeral. Pay was negotiated by staffing company, not myself.

Rehabilitation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at University Medical Center of El Paso in December 2011.

For a job such as this one it is great of course to have interpersonal skills, but a strong stomach, and physical strength are definitely a plus. I would recommend during the interview to be as professional as possible and answer all questions truthfully and to the best of your knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are the best fit for this position?   View Answer
    It was very one-sided as this is a not-for-profit hospital they have set wages and because I was not technically hired on part-time I received no benefits.

Healthcare IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University Medical Center of El Paso.

Submitted a resume in April for an open postion and did not get called back till October. The hiring process took less then 2 weeks after initial contact. Straight-forward.

Nonexistent.