University Research Co. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at University Research Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University Research Co. (Bethesda, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

First round phone interview, second round in-person with SPC & team members followed by an Excel Test, final round was a panel and one on one with the project director. The excel test was very difficult, but representative of the work that would be done by a PC. It felt more like a stress test, designed to see how one handled a frustrating and minimally explained task. I think they should keep using it. The in-person interview seemed more like they were trying to warn prospective employees away...

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a hostile donor?   2 Answers

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University Research Co..

Interview

Was a lenghty process and they don't know what they want. Very rude during the interview... should have know then that it was going to be insane!!

Negotiation

No negotiations... They didn't want to budge. But when I started the job, I found out that they increased the base salary for some people. Was extremely angry. Not only that, but they did not stick to the contracts and lied about bonuses, overtime...

Document Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University Research Co. (Bethesda, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quick. 2 interviews in 2 weeks. Week 1, I met with the Program Director. Following week, I met with the Division Director. They were both very nice people, but they were unsure of my skills. They gave me a 2 week trial period as a consultant (I appreciate they did that). I showed them that I was efficient, meticulous, resourceful, and knew how to produce work. They offered me a position, but unfortunately I could not accept because I got into school and I had day classes.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University Research Co..

Interview

I submitted my resume online and I was contacted by the hiring manager within two weeks. The interview and hiring process was pretty quick. I went through a brief phone interview with the HR recruiter and then went in for an in person interview. There was a panel of 3 people, 2 mid level managers and a senior level person. They asked about my previous experience, how I work in a fast paced environment and last minute request as well as why I wanted to work at URC. There was a brief, second round interview with the division director.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations? Why should we hire you for this position?   1 Answer

Program Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University Research Co. (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Was interviewed briefly by the head of the unit, then by the people who would be my workmates/peers. They asked generally about my experience with the proposal process, working on international programs, and exposure to public health issues. They also asked about how I dealt with working in a high-pressure work environment and dealing with tight deadlines.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers made it clear that the job was taxing and high-pressure and required long work hours. After the interviewer described the job as one that "many people do not like", it was difficult to explain why I did want the job.   2 Answers