University of Akron Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.3

Doctoral Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Akron.

Interview

Contacting faculty members and attaching CV to find a research position. Waiting for their response and apply for it. After getting admission from Grad School, we have to sign contract with department to get the stipend and other compensations.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

There isn't an interview process, per se. I did have to write a letter to the department head about why I thought I deserved the assistantship position. The letter had to be one page, typed. The decision on who to give the assistantship to is based on a combination of GPA and the written letter.

Interview Questions

• As stated above, there is not an interview process. The only question asked was to write a letter detailing why I deserved the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Administrative Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH).

Interview

Begins with online application. Panel interviews are a variety of search committee members and co-workers. The panel begins with a predetermined list of questions and then concludes with any supplemental questions the panel wishes to ask. Depending on the job, may have to prove computer skills by testing your ability to type a letter, create an excel spreadsheet, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most questions relate to interpersonal skills. Nothing outrageous or unexpected is asked.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring process was quite simple due my status as a student. I found the job on the student jobs website and called the office for an interview. After the interview I was hired and filled out my schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process was pretty quick and simple. I emailed the person hiring for the position with my resume and my school schedule. I received a follow up email from her about interviewing information. The interview was pretty simple, she asked me a few questions and gave me a tour of the Career Center at the time as well as introduced me to the different advisers who worked there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

My interview process was short and sweet. I found the position posted on the university's website, applied, and received a call about a week later. I went in about two days after that and had an interview, which only lasted probably 10 minutes total. I was contacted a few days after that and was offered a position, which I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which an angry student came in and was talking disrespectfully towards you?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Typical Academic Process

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I found the job on the school's website and sent in my resume, they called for an interview. Short Interview with supervisor, not a skilled position so no problems. They were quick to reply and were pretty easy going.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Nothing mentionable. As usual as following TOEFL, GRE etc.

Graduate Assistants Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Based on your scores