University of Alabama at Birmingham Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014

3.2

Systems Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham in August 2014.

1. Contacted by a headhunter
    2. Scheduled for a phone interview
    3. Was asked the basic questions from all members of the IT department: Why you left, what is your experience, What would you do in this situation, ect....
    4. Flew to Birmingham (On their dime)
    5. Repete of #3
    6. Drugtest, including a nicotine test!
    7. Pre-employment physical.
    8. Met with HR to sign up for benefits and direct deposit.

Interview Questions
    I was offered $60k but asked for $80k. Declined the initial offer, but settled for $70k + full relocation.

ICU RN Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham.

After interviewing with human resources, you must sit for a panel interview where employees on the specific unit that you are working ask you questions and give information to see if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time where you had to be a patient advocate when another staff member disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of three from other departments

Research Associate Interview

Someone (your boss, your friends) tell you some professors scored a big grand, and you directly contact that professors. Human resource post the available jobs, but that process barely work. You never get anything from them, you do not know what stage is your application. They did such poor job.

Interview Questions
    • Some professors just hope you can come to work on weekend. Not occasionally, but very often.   Answer Question

Contracts and Grants Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham in April 2014.

The overall process was pleasant. The persons doing the interview were very open, easy going and made me feel comfortable. It did take a while for a decision to be made.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find the questions to be difficult or unexpected. I would advise that you review your department and become familiar with what you will be doing. Additionally, I would answer your questions in the STAR (Situation, Task, Action and Result) format.   Answer Question
    I recommend answering the question regarding the minimum salary you would accept. I feel they did a good job coming into range of what I was asking for.

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham in March 2014.

Applied online, but also sent an email to hiring manager asking him to pull my application from HR. I Interviewed with a panel of 3 from the department. Very laid back

Psychiatric Social Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham.

They are very slow in contacting you for an interview, and letting you know that you got the job.

Intermediate Accountant Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase

Materials Procurement Speciatist/Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham.

Complete and submit app and resume through UAB.edu and Brassring" interface. My application then passed through a preliminary screening by HR. The apps were then sent to the hiring department for them to review and determine who will be and not be interviewed. This took 4 months to occur. (Thanksgiving Christmas and NYears fell during this 4 month period) Interviewed by 3 individual panel - Supv + 2 co-workers) The interview involved a complete review of benefits, salary range, hiring process and review of the job description followed by a TMAY and reveiew of my work history and relevant work experience and then 10 job specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • What situations would require an adjustment to my on-hand inventory?   View Answer

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham in November 2011.

The interview process was pretty painless. I received an email from the PI of a research lab asking if I was still interested in a position in his lab. I said, "Yes, of course!" and asked him to call me. He called me the next day and asked me a few questions about my interests and abilities and asked for a letter of recommendation from my college advisor. Once he received it, he asked me to interview with him and to perform a few simple calculations. Then we talked about his plans for the future and the projects that he wanted to do. It lasted about 2 or 3 hours and then we were finished.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult. I stumbled on a simple dimensional analysis question because I was very nervous, but that's about it. Just make sure that you are familiar with basic lab techniques and instrumentation. They WILL ask you about it.   Answer Question
    Well, there wasn't really a negotiation phase... We briefly talked about pay, before settling on a number (one which had already been offered) and I accepted.