University of Alabama at Birmingham

Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.9

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham.

I was contacted a few days after I completed my application. I interviewed with two people. It only took about 30 minutes. I was asked for a list of references and told there would be a second interview. I never really got a second interview. I was contacted to arrange a time to speak on the phone. I was then told I would be contacted again soon. I never heard anything back. I later received an automatic email saying another candidate was selected.

Cardiovascular Fellow Interview

Like any other process, online application and interview invitation. Day of interview very friendly. great enviroment. Like any other process, online application and interview invitation. Day of interview very friendly. great enviroment.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at uab, pretty common question   View Answer

Systems Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham in August 2014.

1. Contacted by a headhunter
    2. Scheduled for a phone interview
    3. Was asked the basic questions from all members of the IT department: Why you left, what is your experience, What would you do in this situation, ect....
    4. Flew to Birmingham (On their dime)
    5. Repete of #3
    6. Drugtest, including a nicotine test!
    7. Pre-employment physical.
    8. Met with HR to sign up for benefits and direct deposit.

Interview Questions
    I was offered $60k but asked for $80k. Declined the initial offer, but settled for $70k + full relocation.

ICU RN Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham.

After interviewing with human resources, you must sit for a panel interview where employees on the specific unit that you are working ask you questions and give information to see if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time where you had to be a patient advocate when another staff member disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of three from other departments

Research Associate Interview

Someone (your boss, your friends) tell you some professors scored a big grand, and you directly contact that professors. Human resource post the available jobs, but that process barely work. You never get anything from them, you do not know what stage is your application. They did such poor job.

Interview Questions
    • Some professors just hope you can come to work on weekend. Not occasionally, but very often.   Answer Question

Contracts and Grants Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham in April 2014.

The overall process was pleasant. The persons doing the interview were very open, easy going and made me feel comfortable. It did take a while for a decision to be made.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find the questions to be difficult or unexpected. I would advise that you review your department and become familiar with what you will be doing. Additionally, I would answer your questions in the STAR (Situation, Task, Action and Result) format.   Answer Question
    I recommend answering the question regarding the minimum salary you would accept. I feel they did a good job coming into range of what I was asking for.

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham in March 2014.

Applied online, but also sent an email to hiring manager asking him to pull my application from HR. I Interviewed with a panel of 3 from the department. Very laid back

Psychiatric Social Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham.

They are very slow in contacting you for an interview, and letting you know that you got the job.

Intermediate Accountant Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase