Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Alaska Anchorage
- Adjunct (1)
- Aviation Technology Center Lab/Support Services Technician (1)
- Administrative Staff/Assistant Positions (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Alaska Anchorage.
Application process takes about week - one month before being contacted for an interview. Interview was generally with a panel of 3 - 6 people of department administrators/managers/deans. Copy of questionaire may or may not be provided for viewing during interview. Each member of panel takes a turn at asking a question on the questionaire. All write down feedback on answer. Tested for Microsoft capabilities--Excel & Word. Very formal and polite.
- Have you had a conflict view with a previous supervisor? If so, how did you resolve the conflict? Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Alaska Anchorage (Anchorage, AK) in October 2014.
The interview consisted of a five-person panel asking scripted questions, followed by a brief presentation of an example of my technical work. Though the questions were scripted, the tone of the interview was friendly and informal. The panel members were all of positions that would be co-workers or supervisors of the successful applicant.
- Q: If you observed a student improperly disposing of hazardous material, what would you do? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The hiring process was very minimal. I had a very entry level position with the school which had effectively no interview, and from there, spread without boundary into my adjunct position, as well as others. However, during my employment they made it harder for adjuncts to work in multiple jobs at the university, even though it is extremely hard to live on the basic adjunct salary.
There was no option for negotiation. As an adjunct my salary was fixed on a schedule, and I was not eligible for benefits.