University of Alaska Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Alaska

Analyst/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairbanks, AK

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Alaska.

I applied to this position by applying to their online site, I also had performed some networking beforehand with some one on the team. This networked person actually informed me of the availability of the position that became available within a few months. From there I was given a brief phone screen, I think from a HR employee, just some simple things about how I came upon the position, then they gave information about the position and next steps. I was asked to complete a tech screen by taking a day to fill out open ended solution to some Scenarios using SQL, C/C++, and scripting languages.

After that I was asked to come in for a in person interview. The atmosphere was laid back, dress was business casual--or less("Alaskan business casual"). I interviewed with three different people who would serve as my leads. They all had a print out of a list of questions to ask and write their responses down required by them to fill out from HR. They alternated through each question. Every question was very HR typical. Tech was evaluated by asking to rate experience/knowledge on a scale. At the end of the interview I was asked what I did with my free time.

Before we parted, I asked to be shown where I may soon be working, and they gladly complied and introduced me to the team and other inquisitors.

It took a month and a half before I heard back.

Interview Questions
    • None that I could recall. If I had to write something I'd say it was to describe your top three weaknesses and strengths, I only had one of each prepared so I had to think of a few more.   Answer Question
    Was told offer and benefits were non-negotiable.

Research Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairbanks, AK

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Alaska in February 2011.

Filled out an application on uakjobs.com and was contacted for an interview. The interview consisted of the immediate supervisor for the position and the chief scientist. Both interviewers started with some general questions, but the interview process quickly turned technical. Interviewers were focused on proficiency in languages, preferences for operating systems, and IDEs.

Interview Questions
    No, this was an entry level position.