University of Alaska

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst/Programmer Interview

Analyst/Programmer
Fairbanks, AK

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Alaska.

Interview Details – I applied to this position by applying to their online site, I also had performed some networking beforehand with some one on the team. This networked person actually informed me of the availability of the position that became available within a few months. From there I was given a brief phone screen, I think from a HR employee, just some simple things about how I came upon the position, then they gave information about the position and next steps. I was asked to complete a tech screen by taking a day to fill out open ended solution to some Scenarios using SQL, C/C++, and scripting languages.

After that I was asked to come in for a in person interview. The atmosphere was laid back, dress was business casual--or less("Alaskan business casual"). I interviewed with three different people who would serve as my leads. They all had a print out of a list of questions to ask and write their responses down required by them to fill out from HR. They alternated through each question. Every question was very HR typical. Tech was evaluated by asking to rate experience/knowledge on a scale. At the end of the interview I was asked what I did with my free time.

Before we parted, I asked to be shown where I may soon be working, and they gladly complied and introduced me to the team and other inquisitors.

It took a month and a half before I heard back.

Interview Question – None that I could recall. If I had to write something I'd say it was to describe your top three weaknesses and strengths, I only had one of each prepared so I had to think of a few more.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told offer and benefits were non-negotiable.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Research Project Assistant Interview

Fairbanks, AK

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Alaska in February 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out an application on uakjobs.com and was contacted for an interview. The interview consisted of the immediate supervisor for the position and the chief scientist. Both interviewers started with some general questions, but the interview process quickly turned technical. Interviewers were focused on proficiency in languages, preferences for operating systems, and IDEs.

Interview Question – What is your favorite IDE and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, this was an entry level position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Alaska? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Alaska interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Alaska employees and interview candidates.