University of Alberta

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews

Interviewed at University of Alberta

Interview Details – After finding a professor with a suitable field of research, you initiate contact and wait for a reply. Usually requires transcript. No interview.

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details – It is based my MSC program , which is maser of science as a assistant my supervisor ask me to help with his project and program which including data analyze, experiment prepare , material process ,make orders and help other labmates with it

The funding was applied by the professor and as a employee he hire me to do the research work.

Interview Question – Why there is no result of your experiment   View Answer

Research Assistant

I applied in-person and interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details – Some professors and research groups maintain positions for research assistants and will recruit them from the general student population, but this is atypical. Most positions are created for specific candidates. The best strategy is to attend as an undergraduate student, get good grades, have good ideas, and talk to professors about opportunities.

Interview Question – No questions, no interview.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

I applied through other source and interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details – The only interview experience I have is with the current graduate supervisor. Really the interview was just a feel for the supervisor to see if I would be a good fit with his team.

Interview Question – Really wasn't one.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Researcher

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details – I do not have any information about hiring.

Interview Question – I did not notice a difficult question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2010.

Interview Details – just ask my background

Interview Question – Asked me to describe my past projects   Answer Question

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Helpdesk Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Alberta in August 2008.

Interview Details – Simple interview with team lead and a senior analyst; supervisor asked questions about personality and people skills, while senior analyst asked tech-oriented questions, specifically as they pertained to campus computing.

Interview Question – What services can you use a Campus Computing ID for?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through e-mail, got answer back very quickly, had a lengthy phone interview was offered the job on the spot

Interview Question – Salary expectations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2009.

Interview Details – Refereed by a professor I know, and submitted my resume. Then get a face to face interview with the person that is hiring. Mostly just ask about my previous experience, student projects, research interests, etc. Also had a chat with some of the lab members to get a feeling of how the lab environment is.

Interview Question – What is your research interests?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta in February 2010.

Interview Details – My current Research field, future goal, about current institution, cgpa. My supervisor wanted to hire me. so no problem occurred for me. My current Research field, future goal, about current institution, cgpa. My supervisor wanted to hire me. so no problem occurred for me.

Worked for University of Alberta? Contribute to the Community!