University of Alberta

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

After finding a professor with a suitable field of research, you initiate contact and wait for a reply. Usually requires transcript. No interview.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Alberta.

It is based my MSC program , which is maser of science as a assistant my supervisor ask me to help with his project and program which including data analyze, experiment prepare , material process ,make orders and help other labmates with it

The funding was applied by the professor and as a employee he hire me to do the research work.

Interview Questions
    • Why there is no result of your experiment   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Alberta.

Some professors and research groups maintain positions for research assistants and will recruit them from the general student population, but this is atypical. Most positions are created for specific candidates. The best strategy is to attend as an undergraduate student, get good grades, have good ideas, and talk to professors about opportunities.

Graduate Student Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at University of Alberta.

The only interview experience I have is with the current graduate supervisor. Really the interview was just a feel for the supervisor to see if I would be a good fit with his team.

Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at University of Alberta.

I do not have any information about hiring.

Research Assistant Interview

emailed one of the prof in my department, got an email back and schedule for a meeting. Then gave him my transcript and discussed about project details. After that I got the position but need to write application for funding support. I got the funding anyway from the faculty so its all good

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Alberta in May 2010.

just ask my background

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Alberta in August 2008.

Simple interview with team lead and a senior analyst; supervisor asked questions about personality and people skills, while senior analyst asked tech-oriented questions, specifically as they pertained to campus computing.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2011.

Applied through e-mail, got answer back very quickly, had a lengthy phone interview was offered the job on the spot

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Alberta in May 2009.

Refereed by a professor I know, and submitted my resume. Then get a face to face interview with the person that is hiring. Mostly just ask about my previous experience, student projects, research interests, etc. Also had a chat with some of the lab members to get a feeling of how the lab environment is.