University of Alberta

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.6

Graduate Student Interview

I was interviewed by the professor, asking about my academic experiences and my interest area. I sent him my references and transcript of my bachelor. We talked through email and he gave me a skype interview about 20-30 minutes. Then I waited for the department to give me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • I think it should be my understanding of his research area.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

emailed one of the prof in my department, got an email back and schedule for a meeting. Then gave him my transcript and discussed about project details. After that I got the position but need to write application for funding support. I got the funding anyway from the faculty so its all good

Graduate Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Alberta in February 2010.

My current Research field, future goal, about current institution, cgpa. My supervisor wanted to hire me. so no problem occurred for me. My current Research field, future goal, about current institution, cgpa. My supervisor wanted to hire me. so no problem occurred for me.

Project Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Alberta.

Had two phone interviews with business office and direct manager. Additional in-person interview with senior management/director. Interviews were relatively formal in nature and lasted approx. 30 minutes each. The job offer was made and was given few days to accept the position. Overall from interviews to starting position took ~20 days.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your process for starting clinical trials from beginning to end phases.   Answer Question
    Not much leeway for negotiations

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Alberta in June 2013.

I applied for the position, and was contacted a few days later for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of a panel, and then half an hour to complete a mock email to a prospective student. After the interview, I was phoned the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all easy and straightforward behavioral interview questions. The mock email was based on a fairly straightforward question about admission to the Faculty of Arts. The information was easily found in the provided University calendar, although the interviewer said that the tone of the email would be most important.   Answer Question

Lab Proctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Alberta in August 2012.

The questions include:
    Briefly introduce yourself? What makes you fit this position? How much do you know this position? Will you be able to work in the evenings and weekends? Will you like teamwork? Do you have any related working experience? Do you have any concern about this job? Which personality do you like and why?

Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at University of Alberta.

I do not have any information about hiring.

Research Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Alberta.

Initially communicated with a professor whose work I was very interested in.
    He ended up finding me a position using some of the budget money to work as a researcher and programmer for one of his research groups.
    The interview was one on-site interview where I was asked a few technical questions in a room with the professor and two senior developers for a similar research group.
    I was offered the job right after.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not particularly difficult, the interviewers were focused on the problem solving process predominantly.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Alberta in October 2009.

Be honest about expectations and abilities

Bio Statistician Interview

They will give you an interview very soon. Most quesions are about the behaviour quesions. For the technique quesions, they just focus on the projects they did.