University of Alberta Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.5

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

An online application needs to be filled out and mailed in to the University, along with your high school marks and a cover letter of why you are the perfect applicant for the summer internship. No interview is required unless applying for a lab in the biological field.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was done for a formality. No serious questions. They are interested in knowing whether you will be eligible for external funding. Because, the principal investigators dont want to spend their money to fund you. Hiring is based on possibility of external funding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything except joining date.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online and showed the english ability. I think this university really focuses on GPA. If your gpa is high, everything is fine. You can get the offer very quickly.

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by the professor, asking about my academic experiences and my interest area. I sent him my references and transcript of my bachelor. We talked through email and he gave me a skype interview about 20-30 minutes. Then I waited for the department to give me the offer.

Interview Questions

• I think it should be my understanding of his research area.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

emailed one of the prof in my department, got an email back and schedule for a meeting. Then gave him my transcript and discussed about project details. After that I got the position but need to write application for funding support. I got the funding anyway from the faculty so its all good

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Alberta in February 2010.

Interview

My current Research field, future goal, about current institution, cgpa. My supervisor wanted to hire me. so no problem occurred for me. My current Research field, future goal, about current institution, cgpa. My supervisor wanted to hire me. so no problem occurred for me.

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with business office and direct manager. Additional in-person interview with senior management/director. Interviews were relatively formal in nature and lasted approx. 30 minutes each. The job offer was made and was given few days to accept the position. Overall from interviews to starting position took ~20 days.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your process for starting clinical trials from beginning to end phases.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much leeway for negotiations

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position, and was contacted a few days later for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of a panel, and then half an hour to complete a mock email to a prospective student. After the interview, I was phoned the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all easy and straightforward behavioral interview questions. The mock email was based on a fairly straightforward question about admission to the Faculty of Arts. The information was easily found in the provided University calendar, although the interviewer said that the tone of the email would be most important.   Answer Question

Lab Proctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

The questions include: Briefly introduce yourself? What makes you fit this position? How much do you know this position? Will you be able to work in the evenings and weekends? Will you like teamwork? Do you have any related working experience? Do you have any concern about this job? Which personality do you like and why?

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

I do not have any information about hiring.