University of Alberta

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2009.

Interview Details – Refereed by a professor I know, and submitted my resume. Then get a face to face interview with the person that is hiring. Mostly just ask about my previous experience, student projects, research interests, etc. Also had a chat with some of the lab members to get a feeling of how the lab environment is.

Interview Question – What is your research interests?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied in-person and interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details – Some professors and research groups maintain positions for research assistants and will recruit them from the general student population, but this is atypical. Most positions are created for specific candidates. The best strategy is to attend as an undergraduate student, get good grades, have good ideas, and talk to professors about opportunities.

Interview Question – No questions, no interview.   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details – It is based my MSC program , which is maser of science as a assistant my supervisor ask me to help with his project and program which including data analyze, experiment prepare , material process ,make orders and help other labmates with it

The funding was applied by the professor and as a employee he hire me to do the research work.

Interview Question – Why there is no result of your experiment   View Answer

Interviewed at University of Alberta

Interview Details – After finding a professor with a suitable field of research, you initiate contact and wait for a reply. Usually requires transcript. No interview.

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2010.

Interview Details – just ask my background

Interview Question – Asked me to describe my past projects   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Alberta? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Alberta Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Alberta employees and interview candidates.