University of Alberta Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.0

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, and got a call from another RA, arranged to meet with professor. Pretty straightforward questions. Don't even wear a tie, as the interviewer wears jeans and sneakers. Read the research paper beforehand. My previous professor did put a lot of good words on me, I believe that helps. Academia is a pretty small circle, be careful with your reputation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Alberta

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

emailed one of the prof in my department, got an email back and schedule for a meeting. Then gave him my transcript and discussed about project details. After that I got the position but need to write application for funding support. I got the funding anyway from the faculty so its all good

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

Some professors and research groups maintain positions for research assistants and will recruit them from the general student population, but this is atypical. Most positions are created for specific candidates. The best strategy is to attend as an undergraduate student, get good grades, have good ideas, and talk to professors about opportunities.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

It is based my MSC program , which is maser of science as a assistant my supervisor ask me to help with his project and program which including data analyze, experiment prepare , material process ,make orders and help other labmates with it The funding was applied by the professor and as a employee he hire me to do the research work.

Interview Questions

• Why there is no result of your experiment   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

After finding a professor with a suitable field of research, you initiate contact and wait for a reply. Usually requires transcript. No interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2010.

Interview

just ask my background

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

Refereed by a professor I know, and submitted my resume. Then get a face to face interview with the person that is hiring. Mostly just ask about my previous experience, student projects, research interests, etc. Also had a chat with some of the lab members to get a feeling of how the lab environment is.