University of Arizona

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.6

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Arizona.

My first interview was in front of a panel. Questions were normal without anything too "What's your biggest fault" type of questions. Questions were related to what I would be doing in the position. Then I was called in for a second interview with the same panel and their supervisor overseeing the interview. This was much more stressful but overall friendly. Questions were the same but more directed.

Interview Questions
    • About working with students and faculty from a distance.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arizona.

Hiring process is straight forward. Applied online and had in initial phone interview. Next round was an onsite interview. 2 rounds of interview. First round was a resume walk through and second round was completely technical. You will be presented with an issue and should be able to solve within time. Reference to external sources is not allowed at this time.

Web Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arizona.

1st round was a phone interview which was pretty much a resume walk through discussing about skill set in web development. It was followed by an onsite interview which was pretty easy and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • None. Pretty easy interview. Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Police Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arizona.

Process included a physical agility, 3-4 person panel interview and background check. Once there was an offer for employment then there is a meeting with the Chief of Police.

Interview Questions
    • As an experienced officer coming into this interview the questions given were somewhat expected.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. Being this was a civil service job the salary is set.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

GPA is important, as are GRE scores and letters of recommendation. They will fly you out if they admit you, and you will have the opportunity to meet with faculty and learn from them.They tend to treat the interview process as a way of you learning about them, not the other way around.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is regarding your previous work. Get an explanation down to 2 minutes or less.   Answer Question

IT Support Center Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arizona in October 2014.

This was for a position as a tech in their 24/7 support center. 4 person panel, 2 of which were manager, 1 tier-2 tech and 1 level 1 tech.

1/2 and 1/2 technical questions to guage my knowlegde and experience and "soft skills" questions like "What do you consider great customer service?" "How would you handle explaining something to a NON technical user?"

They were all very kind and laid back. I didn't feel stressed or pressured. All questions seemed 100% applicable to position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time you got great customer service"   View Answer

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arizona.

First apply through web portal. Then there is online application screening. No in-person follow-up, no phone contact for reference. Then there are two rounds of interview. Questions are typical for accountant position. .

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have different opinions with your supervisor.   Answer Question

Souvenirs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Arizona.

Work as a seasonal employee at first then can be brought on for the rest of the semester if a spot opens in a department. This might happen after a few seasonal rushes.

Support Systems Analyst, Senior Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Arizona.

apply with online application and cover letter, pass HR's minimum requirements, first round of interviews, get selected for 2nd round. Then the 2-3 candidates will meet the staff they will work with and the team will decide

Media ASUA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Arizona in April 2014.

Easy to apply and great motivated student interviewers. Though it is a large school it does seem like a very close knit community. The students interviewing were on the ASUA. They were very quick about scheduling an interview.