University of Arizona Interview Questions & Reviews

44 interviews

2.5

Research Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Arizona in August 2012.

Prior to moving to the area, I sent out a number of emails to program directors and faculty with similar interests in the hopes of securing funding. After an interview, I was offered a research position in an great lab, but the offer ended up being made too late to include health insurance benefits for the semester.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to provide a solution to a computer vision problem.   Answer Question

Souvenirs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Arizona.

Work as a seasonal employee at first then can be brought on for the rest of the semester if a spot opens in a department. This might happen after a few seasonal rushes.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Arizona in March 2010.

Email based application with no phone or in-person interview.
    They only checked with my references. The offering process was very quick.

Interview Questions
    • There was basically no such a formal interview. They only looked at my CV, talked to my references and offered.   Answer Question
    The offer was not negotiable.

Support Systems Analyst, Senior Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Arizona.

apply with online application and cover letter, pass HR's minimum requirements, first round of interviews, get selected for 2nd round. Then the 2-3 candidates will meet the staff they will work with and the team will decide

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Arizona in February 2010.

Pretty standard. Including a background check. They offered to pay moving expenses.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. The interview was pretty straight forward and it seemed like they had made a decision prior to the interview based solely on letters of recommendation.   Answer Question

Received a better offer

Executive Assistant to Department Head Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Arizona in January 2012.

Three separate interviews: The first with an HR rep and an employee that has worked for the department 25+ years, second interview with Department Administrator, third interview with Department Head

HR communicated with me during the entire process via email and phone.

Interview process occurred over a two week period.

Was offered top amount possible in salary range for my position.

Interview Questions
    • Why specifically do you want to work for this department at the UA?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I was offered the maximum salary for my position. I was bumped up to the next level position two years later and my salary increased by $10,000. I was treated very fairly.

Research Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at University of Arizona in January 2011.

I do a lot of work to prepare the application. Due to my background on physics and optics, I was admitted by my current professor as a full time research assistant. The research field matches my background and therefore all interviews went smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Connecting remotely is not an efficient work due to time difference   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at University of Arizona in April 2011.

Application, cover letter and resume submitted, called for an interview. Interviewed with supervisor's assistants

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

interviewed at University of Arizona in October 2012.

My resume was forwarded on to a different department who was needed to do extra desk and clerical work. Two people from the department interviewed me very casually to get to know me more-so than reading straight from my resume.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Arizona in November 2009.

Interview process was well-managed. There was easy communication with support staff arranging the trip. I met with director and department faculty members one on one. I taught a sample class, then gave a job talk based on my research. I was introduced to local supporters of the department. Most meals were with members of search committee. First breakfast with director, second breakfast with two search committee members. A dinner with faculty, lunch with graduate students.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected but useful to have clear details about funded research and next proposal envisioned.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Arizona? Contribute to the Community!