University of Arizona Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Arizona in May 2014.

Interview

Team interview with departmental staff. They asked me about my resume, past work experiences, and attitudes in the workplace. We discussed duties and responsibilities for the position. The questions were geared towards understanding where I would fit in the office setting, which already had about 8-10 employees plus departmental faculty and students. Some faculty can be jerks, and the interviewers wanted to see how I would handle working with big egos and such.

Souvenirs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Work as a seasonal employee at first then can be brought on for the rest of the semester if a spot opens in a department. This might happen after a few seasonal rushes.

Support Systems Analyst, Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Arizona.

Interview

apply with online application and cover letter, pass HR's minimum requirements, first round of interviews, get selected for 2nd round. Then the 2-3 candidates will meet the staff they will work with and the team will decide

Media ASUA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Arizona in April 2014.

Interview

Easy to apply and great motivated student interviewers. Though it is a large school it does seem like a very close knit community. The students interviewing were on the ASUA. They were very quick about scheduling an interview.

PhD Student and Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

I visited the campus, met with faculty, submitted an application and was accepted to the program. This was for a PhD program in the College of Education. The program is better than I expected. The application process was easy and there was a lot of support from faculty and staff to help me through the process. There is funding available, but you have to be assertive to make sure you are getting the maximum funding possible to help cover the costs of the program.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to complete the standard application for admission   1 Answer

Negotiation

The most difficult was getting funding in place, but staff was very helpful. I just had to keep in good communication to get everything with my assistantship in place.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I was hired as a postdoc in the same lab that I got my PhD from. Hence, there was no interview process to mention. However, I did have to go through human resources and apply as an outside applicant. The process took almost a month to finalize nut it wasn't too baad or too complicated.

Negotiation

N/A

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

Contact the professor to make an appointment on the posting position, and then upload your resume to the professor. During the interview, the professor would ask your skills and interests in that specific area

Garage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

two person interview with the Ops manager and a garage supervisor, normal interview questions regarding integrity and challenging situations and how they were handled, advised of expectations. easy interview processes. Went over all policies required for the job to make sure capable of performing including describing cash handling experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to diffuse a angry customer and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In order to work part time as a student you must have a Federal Work Study grant the wage is not negotiable. Only negotiable item is the times availability for work hours.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arizona.

Interview

Easy to be employed during RUSH season which means the start of each semester. Interview conducted as what are your strengths and weaknesses? what other type of job related experience do you have (if so)....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arizona.

Interview

Interviews are completed in a panel fashion. Generally, the hiring supervisor and individuals who would be your peers are your panel members. You are asked to create a presentation that you would present to a "class" of high school students interested in attending the university and you start your interview with the presentation. After you complete your presentation, you then are asked standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to create a presentation covering the basics about the University. There is no template provided, you just have to include what you feel is important.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because it is a government position, they don't have room to negotiate.