University of Arizona

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arizona.

Easy to be employed during RUSH season which means the start of each semester. Interview conducted as what are your strengths and weaknesses? what other type of job related experience do you have (if so)....

none

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arizona.

Interviews are completed in a panel fashion. Generally, the hiring supervisor and individuals who would be your peers are your panel members. You are asked to create a presentation that you would present to a "class" of high school students interested in attending the university and you start your interview with the presentation. After you complete your presentation, you then are asked standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked to create a presentation covering the basics about the University. There is no template provided, you just have to include what you feel is important.   View Answer
    Because it is a government position, they don't have room to negotiate.

Accountant Interview

Initial scanning application, 2 rounds of interviews

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

It was easy as a cake walk here.

Student Aide Interview

After sending your résumé, cover letter and schedule through the schools job site, I got a call for an interview a little over a week later. Scheduled an appointment for two days later. Finding the office was confusing because the entrance did not have any signs and did not look like a front door but a back door. No one addressed this.

The interview itself was extremely short, 5 minutes or so, and the person who was supposed to interview me was running late so I was interviewed by another later under that person. Only one real question was asked an the rest was explaining what the job position was like. It did not look as if they reviewed my information beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience with data entry?   View Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Technical Interview with the previous person who was working there for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult as I had complete knowledge of the processes that was carried out at the department.   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Arizona.

I was hired based on my internal performance in another department. Recruitment often takes place internally and the interview process changes dramatically. I submitted an application, was interviewed face to face, and was hired. Because I had a record of success in my previous position and a good review from my employer, there was less red tape.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about this program?   View Answer
    Here's what you will make.
    Ok.

Senior Sous Chef Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Arizona in November 2012.

The process involves 4 interviews taken at random depending on availability of area manger.
    Each manager who has been there some time( 10+ plus years) has a chance to meet you at the primary interview with the Executive Chef `s introduction.Then the consultant group meet you and asks questions followed by the operations manger over the student union.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working with such a large staff ?   View Answer
    easy a was already pre-set numbers for the position

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source – interviewed at University of Arizona.

BAsed on experience and merit.

no negotiation

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

interviewed at University of Arizona in October 2012.

My resume was forwarded on to a different department who was needed to do extra desk and clerical work. Two people from the department interviewed me very casually to get to know me more-so than reading straight from my resume.