University of Arizona

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Souvenirs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Arizona.

Work as a seasonal employee at first then can be brought on for the rest of the semester if a spot opens in a department. This might happen after a few seasonal rushes.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Arizona.

I was hired as a postdoc in the same lab that I got my PhD from. Hence, there was no interview process to mention. However, I did have to go through human resources and apply as an outside applicant. The process took almost a month to finalize nut it wasn't too baad or too complicated.

N/A

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source – interviewed at University of Arizona.

BAsed on experience and merit.

no negotiation

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

interviewed at University of Arizona in October 2012.

My resume was forwarded on to a different department who was needed to do extra desk and clerical work. Two people from the department interviewed me very casually to get to know me more-so than reading straight from my resume.

BookStores Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Arizona in August 2012.

The interview for this position was very laid back; however, I had met the interviewers before and could see how it could be more formal in a standard situation. Questions included detailed behavioral and situational methods.

Interview Questions
    • Proof of previous success and examples. Although it seems like an obvious question, the level of technical information requested caught me off guard.   Answer Question
    I was applying for a student position so there was little to no negotiation. I was able to negotiate the days I'd be working, but the establishment is strict on certain required work days.

Research Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Arizona in August 2012.

Prior to moving to the area, I sent out a number of emails to program directors and faculty with similar interests in the hopes of securing funding. After an interview, I was offered a research position in an great lab, but the offer ended up being made too late to include health insurance benefits for the semester.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to provide a solution to a computer vision problem.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Arizona in September 2011.

Email notice sent by department advisor, interview with instructor of the course. Training required before starting work.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Arizona in May 2011.

Just a simple talk with the professor I work for.

Interview Questions
    Very good negotiation process with them.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Arizona in April 2011.

Application, cover letter and resume submitted, called for an interview. Interviewed with supervisor's assistants

Police Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Arizona in June 2010.

The interview process is quite long and can vary in length depending on the background check. Once the background check is completed and successfully passed, the three person panel interview consists of hypothetical questions relating to police/security scenarios. Come prepared to be asked a lot of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Our mission is to become "Partners with our community." How would you encompass this into your everyday work interactions with the public?   Answer Question