University of Arkansas

Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.8

Instructor Interview

1st round - phone interview. Ask why you are interested in this position, etc
    2nd round - skype. Several person question you one by one, what is your teaching phylosiphy questions?
    what is the most difficult case you have dealt with student? what is the comments from your student?

Interview Questions
    • what is the worst case happened in your class?
      why do you think you can be a good instructor?

Answer Question

not my favoriate.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arkansas.

The interview process for grad school is mostly merit based, rather than question based. In the chemistry department, your undergraduate GPA, GRE score, and letters of recommendation have the most sway. I think in person interviews are only employed when the minimum requirements for acceptance are not met, but the department would like to increase enrollment. For the most part, you deal with office personnel who only know about the paper pushing side of things, not really the chemistry side of things.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the focus of your ideal research project?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. A school-wide standard exists.

Geospatial Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Arkansas.

It took only a week for the Employer to contact me after submitting resume. During the interview he was very polite and intuitive in his interviewing. He was understanding of lack of experience, but was very optimistic in educating while working.

Interview Questions
    • What make you think that you will be good in this position?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. This is an internship position

Administrative Specialist III Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Arkansas.

Interview process is to meet first with the hiring committee (4 - 5 people), then with a group of potential co-workers who weren't on the hiring committee once you're a finalist (4 - 5 different people), then with the potential direct supervisor and the supervisor's boss once you're a final finalist. The interview by committee can be pretty nerve-wracking, but mostly they try to put you at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really get any memorably difficult or unexpected questions; it was all pretty standard, except for the sheer number of people on the panel, which I'd never experienced before (I had been accustomed to 1:1 interviews). They seemed inexperienced at interviewing, so mostly they were taking turns reading questions for me from a list.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Arkansas.

Take a copy of your resume or review it intently before you arrive for the interview. Be prepared to answer questions regarding your past experience and future plans.

Part-Time Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Arkansas in April 2013.

Candidates must have submitted a cover letter and resume. Then there is an interview hour block, ex (Monday 10-3pm). Just go between that time and you will have to check in. After check in, there are two interviews, and thats it. They will call you in a week to notify if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give you situational questions. What would do in this situation kind of questions.   Answer Question

Computer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Arkansas in November 2012.

Submit online application. If the software matches the application with the job requirements then it is forwarded to the department for review. The department calls you in for an interview (may take several months due to state "red-tape" to jump through). Finally is background check.

Interview Questions
    • Explain experience with detailed software, such as Oracle Peoplesoft.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Job offer is take it or leave it for classified employees.

Report Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Arkansas in April 2012.

I applied online through their website and got an email about scheduling a phone interview after few days. Phone interview was with the director of the department and it was ok, basic questions like tell me about yourself, related work experience, few behavioral questions.

Fiscal Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Arkansas in December 2011.

The hiring and interview process was very standard for a state college. However, this process was very professional.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked would be "where do you see yourself in 5 years"   Answer Question
    There are no salary negotiations with a state college.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Arkansas in November 2011.

You apply online under the classified section. Once you make it through the HR screening you are forwarded on to the department hiring. If they select you for an interview, they will call for a phone interview. They will then select a few candidates for a group interview. The interview was pretty generic.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. State institutions have set pay scales they must use.