University of Arkansas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Instructor Interview

Instructor

Interviewed at University of Arkansas

Interview Details – 1st round - phone interview. Ask why you are interested in this position, etc
2nd round - skype. Several person question you one by one, what is your teaching phylosiphy questions?
what is the most difficult case you have dealt with student? what is the comments from your student?

Interview Question – what is the worst case happened in your class?
why do you think you can be a good instructor?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not my favoriate.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Fayetteville, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Arkansas in February 2010.

Interview Details – As a international student, I got phone interview from my future advisor and once he approved my hiring, the program admitted my application.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at University of Arkansas.

Interview Details – The interview process for grad school is mostly merit based, rather than question based. In the chemistry department, your undergraduate GPA, GRE score, and letters of recommendation have the most sway. I think in person interviews are only employed when the minimum requirements for acceptance are not met, but the department would like to increase enrollment. For the most part, you deal with office personnel who only know about the paper pushing side of things, not really the chemistry side of things.

Interview Question – What would be the focus of your ideal research project?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. A school-wide standard exists.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fiscal Support Specialist Interview

Fiscal Support Specialist
Fayetteville, AR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Arkansas in December 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very standard for a state college. However, this process was very professional.

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked would be "where do you see yourself in 5 years"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no salary negotiations with a state college.

Geospatial Intern Interview

Geospatial Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Arkansas.

Interview Details – It took only a week for the Employer to contact me after submitting resume. During the interview he was very polite and intuitive in his interviewing. He was understanding of lack of experience, but was very optimistic in educating while working.

Interview Question – What make you think that you will be good in this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. This is an internship position

Computer Support Specialist Interview

Computer Support Specialist
Fayetteville, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Arkansas in November 2012.

Interview Details – Submit online application. If the software matches the application with the job requirements then it is forwarded to the department for review. The department calls you in for an interview (may take several months due to state "red-tape" to jump through). Finally is background check.

Interview Question – Explain experience with detailed software, such as Oracle Peoplesoft.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Job offer is take it or leave it for classified employees.

Administrative Specialist III Interview

Administrative Specialist III

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Arkansas.

Interview Details – Interview process is to meet first with the hiring committee (4 - 5 people), then with a group of potential co-workers who weren't on the hiring committee once you're a finalist (4 - 5 different people), then with the potential direct supervisor and the supervisor's boss once you're a final finalist. The interview by committee can be pretty nerve-wracking, but mostly they try to put you at ease.

Interview Question – Didn't really get any memorably difficult or unexpected questions; it was all pretty standard, except for the sheer number of people on the panel, which I'd never experienced before (I had been accustomed to 1:1 interviews). They seemed inexperienced at interviewing, so mostly they were taking turns reading questions for me from a list.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Administrative Assistant I

I applied online and interviewed at University of Arkansas.

Interview Details – Take a copy of your resume or review it intently before you arrive for the interview. Be prepared to answer questions regarding your past experience and future plans.

Interview Question – What are your plans for the future?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Fayetteville, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Arkansas in February 2009.

Interview Details – Lengthy but typical for higher ed.

Interview Question – I can't remember, but the most telling was, "Do you work well with difficult people?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fast. I was straight out of college and took their first offer becuase I didn't know any better.

Part-Time Employee Interview

Part-Time Employee
Fayetteville, AR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Arkansas in April 2013.

Interview Details – Candidates must have submitted a cover letter and resume. Then there is an interview hour block, ex (Monday 10-3pm). Just go between that time and you will have to check in. After check in, there are two interviews, and thats it. They will call you in a week to notify if you got the job.

Interview Question – Give you situational questions. What would do in this situation kind of questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Arkansas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Arkansas interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Arkansas employees and interview candidates.