University of Birmingham

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Intern (Health Economics) Interview

Research Intern (Health Economics)
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview Details – I had one interview with a panel; two lecturers and the head of the department who took turns in asking questions.

Questions -
What attracts you to the Health Economics?
Talk about your research-realted experience.
Have you had any relevant experience in working with Excel?

Negotiation Details – None

Student Ambassador Interview

Student Ambassador
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Birmingham in November 2011.

Interview Details – An paper application with several questions about your previous experience with clients, problem-solving skills and working with children/young adults.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a complicated situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Research Fellow Interview

Research Fellow

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Birmingham in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview started with a presentation given by me about my background and skills, my research and achievements, and also how it can be related to the subject of the post-dcotoral position. The interview progressed by question from panel about my talk, skills and some competency based questions.

Interview Question – How can you solve this problem in large scale?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Lecturer Interview

Lecturer

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Birmingham in July 2010.

Interview Details – I hated every minute of the interview. I did a really bad job at it because I was nervous and unprepared

Interview Question – What three courses can you teach?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Birmingham? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Birmingham interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Birmingham employees and interview candidates.