University of Bristol Interview Questions in Bristol, England

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Bristol

Student In Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Panel members will receive an e-mail from your HR Faculty/ Divisional Team entitled Interview - schedule to panel, which will provide full details of the interview and selection process and direct panel members to the actions outlined here. The e-mail will include a link to a single PDF document containing the applications for the interview candidates.

Interview Questions

• what makes you apply to UOB ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied for position via job advert. Sent CV and covering letter via email. I was contacted several weeks later and asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 members of staff; line manager, software developer, and HR representative. Interview consisted of standard interview questions related to previous experience with no particularly tricky questions. Was given 10 minutes to complete a practical SQL task on paper while the interviewers left the room. On return I was asked to explain my solution to the SQL task. I was phoned a week later to be offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Communication regarding contracts and start date was not good. Contract took several weeks to come through.

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Application form sent online, received interview via email - booked in date that was suitable for me. Interview was with 9 other students. We were put into groups of 3 and were given ethical scenarios and had to discuss how we would deal with them. We were also told to write down a list of typical type of student that might require mentoring.

Interview Questions

• 2 or 3 ethical scenarios answered as a group   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

February interview date. A whole day of interviews with supervisors, can be anything from one to 7 interviews depending on your and supervisors interests. Long hard day, but good experience. Meet other candidates. Idea was to match students supervisors and projects. You inform them of your top 3 projects/Supervisor. Had an email waiting for new when I got home offering me one of the PhD projects I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• No direct science questions asked. Lots of questions to see if you could follow new data presented to you and if you could show your ability to understand the project. Lots of getting to know you questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Typical decent PhD stipend. 3 year post.