University of Bristol Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 26, 2014
2 interviews

2.5

Student In Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Bristol in September 2013.

Panel members will receive an e-mail from your HR Faculty/ Divisional Team entitled Interview - schedule to panel, which will provide full details of the interview and selection process and direct panel members to the actions outlined here. The e-mail will include a link to a single PDF document containing the applications for the interview candidates.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Bristol.

Applied for position via job advert. Sent CV and covering letter via email. I was contacted several weeks later and asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 members of staff; line manager, software developer, and HR representative. Interview consisted of standard interview questions related to previous experience with no particularly tricky questions. Was given 10 minutes to complete a practical SQL task on paper while the interviewers left the room. On return I was asked to explain my solution to the SQL task. I was phoned a week later to be offered the position.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate. Communication regarding contracts and start date was not good. Contract took several weeks to come through.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Bristol

Worked for University of Bristol? Contribute to the Community!