University of Bristol

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student In Engineering Interview

Student In Engineering
Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Bristol in September 2013.

Interview Details – Panel members will receive an e-mail from your HR Faculty/ Divisional Team entitled Interview - schedule to panel, which will provide full details of the interview and selection process and direct panel members to the actions outlined here. The e-mail will include a link to a single PDF document containing the applications for the interview candidates.

Interview Question – what makes you apply to UOB ?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Bristol.

Interview Details – Applied for position via job advert. Sent CV and covering letter via email. I was contacted several weeks later and asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 members of staff; line manager, software developer, and HR representative. Interview consisted of standard interview questions related to previous experience with no particularly tricky questions. Was given 10 minutes to complete a practical SQL task on paper while the interviewers left the room. On return I was asked to explain my solution to the SQL task. I was phoned a week later to be offered the position.

Interview Question – Although not particularly difficult, the SQL task   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Communication regarding contracts and start date was not good. Contract took several weeks to come through.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Bristol? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Bristol interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Bristol employees and interview candidates.