University of British Columbia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.7

Records Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a very lengthy process with four people in the interview room and whole lot of complicated and long questions. The interview is difficult but I learnt later that it's university policy to ask these long winded questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for the job? The questions were so long I can even remember   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

They invited me to an interview in the UBC Woodward library. They asked me about my education background and my interests. They also asked me about my experience when I had conflict with people and how I solved them.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Went in once with a panel of interviewers. Asked a series of question about my myself, skills, and experience. Lasted for about 30 minutes. One upper management and 2 managers.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of British Columbia in February 2013.

Interview

Send the professor emails to talk about your research interests and ability is a fit in his or her lab. Find out what is his or her goal in the next following year in terms of the number of papers he or she wants to publish, or what kind of projects he or she wish to initiate.

Course Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called to go to a live interview at Robson square campus. I was interviewed by two persons in charge of the multimedia department. They asked me different questions about my previous experience, skills and what solutions would I propose on different troubleshooting situations

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Fairly straight forward process. They had called me in for an in-person interview with a panel of two project managers working under the Faculty of Medicine. Then a short writing exercise as an in-basket test that looked at event planning skills. References were requested afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe difficult situation and the way you went about resolving it.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

This was for a summer research assistantship at a laboratory. There were two interviewers (research associate and research coordinator) who conducted the interview. I was a full-time student at the time, and they asked general interview questions related to my research experience, school and community involvement, and academic life. The hiring managers called my references by phone after the interview. It took them quite awhile to make a decision - about three weeks.

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of British Columbia (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

After applied, I recieved an email to have a face to face interview. As I was out of the country they accomodated a Skype interview. Questions were pretty straight forward, behavioral and non technical. Super relaxed.

Residence Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

The application opens in late December/ beginning of January, and interviews happen at the end of January- February, and acceptances early march. Interview consisted of groups of 10, we had a group interview which consisted of several stations. One station to build a puzzle as a team and an event planning station.

Interview Questions

• Building a puzzle and being asked what you could have done better   Answer Question

Finance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of British Columbia in January 2014.

Interview

1 1/2 hour interview with 3 panel interviewer ask 5question each. Behavioural based questions. For example, describe the time when you have a conflict with your supervisor and how to resolve this conflict.

Interview Questions

• No specific question was difficult. But there was a numerical reading test and basic counting knowledge question with in-house excel files   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negitiable