Interviews for Top Jobs at University of British Columbia
- Research Assistant (8)
- Research Technician (2)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2)
- Manager (2)
- Student Services (1)
- Project Worker (1)
- Housing and Conferences House Person (1)
- Executive Educaiton Assistant (1)
- Student Assistant (Librarian) (1)
- Faculty Integration Coordinator (1)
- Programme Assistant (1)
- Senior Invigilator (1)
- Database Design Engineer Intern (1)
- Work Learn Student (1)
- Program Assistant (1)
- Residence Advisor (1)
- Communications Coordinator (1)
- Career Educator (1)
- Marketing Communications Specialist (1)
- Peer Mentor (1)
- Special Projects Coordinator (1)
- Advisor (1)
- Web Developer (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Cashier (1)
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (1)
- Administration (1)
- Administrative (1)
- Teaching Assistant (1)
- Student (1)
Student Services Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at University of British Columbia in July 2009.
Standard Interview Questions were asked. i believe this is so for positions based at UBC.
1) What was your biggest challenge in your last position? and how did you overcome it?
2) Give an example of a time where you resolved a conflict in your life (preferably work related)
3) How did you resolve a disagreement with a supervisor. What did you do?
Most of the questions revolve around team-work and conflict resolution. I would recommend potential interviewees to prepare with a couple of solid examples. Its quite clear cut. Hope this helps!
- The panel of 3 interviewers asked me a question about conflict resolution with a supervisor. It was a little tricky as I had previously worked in another department which had affiliations with the one which I was applying for. View Answer