Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Calgary
- Postdoctoral Fellow (3)
- Postdoctoral Researcher (2)
- Manager (2)
- Systems Administrator (1)
- Team Leader, Administration (1)
- Operations II (1)
- Student Recruitment Officer (1)
- PASS Leader (1)
- Standardized Paitent (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (1)
- Associate Director (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Student Caller (1)
- Systems Analyst (1)
- Research Student (1)
- Human Resources Advisor (1)
- Graduate Student Researcher (1)
- Director (1)
- PhD Candidate (1)
- PhD Student (1)
- Research Administrator (1)
- Research Assistant (1)
- Career Advisor (1)
I applied online. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)).
I was selected for a face-to-face interview and then called in for a second interview. Its been quite some time since that interview. I still haven't heard back or got a rejection letter from them, though I sent follow up emails. Did anyone face this situation with UofC, because its very frustrating and unprofessional on the university's part.
- Nothing difficult, I thought I aced it. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for University of Calgary
Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2008.
For support staff and management, interviews are behaviour based, usually with 2-3 people on the interview panel. There is usually a formal one hour first interview followed by a less formal second interview, and sometimes a third. There is usually a short-list aiming for 5-6 initial interviews, and from there, the list is decreases to 2-3 candidates for a second interview.
- Most questions revolve around interpersonal skills and grace under pressure. For example, the candidate is often asked to describe a conflict with their manager and describe how it was handled and resolved. Answer Question
There was a verbal offer followed by a formal written offer.