University of California Berkeley

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in May 2008.

Since this was an inter-departmental transfer within UC Berkeley, the recruiting HR deparment was respectful of privacy concerns. I was provided bios of key penalists in advance of each round of interview. The entire process, from initial contact to panel interview, was performed promptly and in a friendly and professional manner. I was free to ask as many questions of individual penalist as they were of me. However, I do not expect this experience to repeat itself in any other department on campus.

Interview Questions
  • Difference between revenue recorded and accounts receivable   Answer Question
The budget was locked, so I had little wiggle room to get what I asked for. The hiring manager did not reclassify me to a higher rank due to perceived "equity" issues within group. This was never adjusted afterwards, by the way. The hiring manager and the HR director each spent an hour with me after presenting the offer, to introduce themselves to me and discuss career roadmaps. This is really the first on this campus and a very unique situation. I don't expect this experience to be repeated elsewhere on campus. I took the offer based on the people I'd be working with.

Other Interview Reviews for University of California Berkeley

Financial Analyst Interview

The interview is done by a group of people, which can be intimidating at times. However, they are very accommodating as far as scheduling the interview to meet your schedule.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult technical questions were asked; they mainly asked about previous experience.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in July 2012.

I applied online and about a month later received a phone call from an HR coordinator wanting to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview was 30 minutes and mostly consisted of situational questions; how would you handle .....describe a time when.......etc. The interviewer was very pleasant and told me if I hadn't heard from anyone within two weeks to follow up. So in two weeks I followed up with an email and was told the hiring process had not gone anywhere because everyone on the hiring committee was on vacation or out of the office and they had not had time to review candidates and wouldn't be able to do so for another week and a half. I followed up for a second time about two to three weeks later and was told they were pursuing other candidates.

After learning this was how the organization operated it was clear to me why there are so many continuous job openings and not just in finance. Candidates obviously move on due to the lack of organization and the lengthy interviewing process. I personally think the interview process says a lot about an organization and how they operate, or don't for that matter.