University of California Berkeley Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2014
117 interviews

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

I just need to submit the applications to the university. No interview at all. After consider my application, they give me an offer. Also, I have to submit some document like GRE, and GPA, etc.

Library Supervisor II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in March 2014.

Phone screening call followed by 4 hours of interviewing on campus with numerous members of search committee. Email notification sent in advance was very vague and general and did not prepare for what was actually expected. Initially met with a 4 member group, followed by meeting with approximately 10 staff/faculty members, followed by one on one with hiring manager/direct supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to present for 5 minutes on a random topic of interest   Answer Question

Senior Custodian Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in May 2012.

fisrst you will go to apply online, choose extenal jobs from its website, then they will select the fit candidate inot the interview process. after your in person interview, there will still an short phone interview. then train one day and go to work

Postdoctoral Employee Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

After contacting directly with PI, I was asked several questions about the research projects in the previous institute (through email). About ~2 weeks after interview, I was invited to a seminar with a small group. An offer was given after the seminar.

Not much room for negotiation.

Contracts Administrator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Applied to their second round of job posting. Was contacted one week later by phone. This was a screening interview with a recruiter. He then set up a phone interview with the director of the department. She asked about my background and described the position. She then asked me to come in for a panel interview and case study. The case study was 30 minutes and tested my knowledge and background of the contractual issues. This was followed by a four person panel interview with employees of the other contract departments and the Chief of Staff. They had a long list of typical interview questions and took turns asking them. The panel interview lasted about 45 minutes. Immediately after the interview, I was contacted by the recruiter to set up another interview with director. I believe they chose two candidates from the panel to meet with the director who would make the ultimate hiring decision. This interview took place two days later. I expected the interview to be more of a meeting with the director to see if she liked me and would want to work with me since the last interviews vetted my background and consisted of typical interview questions. However, this interview was much like the panel interview and the hiring director asked around 20 interview questions with follow-up questions regarding my responses. It was a lot more difficult than I expected. She then took me to meet the rest of her department.

Overall the experience was positive and the recruiting contact was very nice. He followed-up with me after every interview to ask how it went.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very typical interview questions, but due to the large amount of them it was difficult to think of a different answer for each one.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Applied to an online job posting. Got a call for a phone interview approx. 2 weeks later. Phone interview was with two people who worked in department. It was a 30 minute interview and they asked me several questions about my past experience and how I would handle situations that came up. If you are well prepared it should be smooth.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest challenge facing the UC Berkeley community?   Answer Question

Student Library Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2012.

There is a single interview with the supervising staff of the library. This employee is straightforward and has to do with past experiences in customer service. Some work study is often required to be eligible for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had experience saying 'No' in a professional setting?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation phase for this position, either one accepts or one does not.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2013.

They just asked me about hours, how familiar I was with the research (like classes I took that related). They asked about my workload and how much I was involved in campus because that could have conflicting time interests. It went alright. They also explained what I would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really feel like there was a ton, it was mostly the hours portion as I had class during that time.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

once you get admitted to phD program, then you go talk to professors and find phD project that interests you most. After that, you go to the payroll office to finish the paper work.

Interview Questions
    • you has to get very high GPA from prestigious undergrad programs, some research/job experience is a plus   Answer Question
    it's a phD program, there's no negotiation.

Student Assistant Interview

Very pleasant experience, applied online, got call for interview one week later. Met with HR and got offer 1 week later. h. h. h .h. h . h . h. h . h. h . h . h . . h

Worked for University of California Berkeley? Contribute to the Community!