University of California Berkeley Interview Questions

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

I was already working for the department when the project I managed came up. My boss had me in mind to run the project so it was probably the easiest hiring and interview process I've ever had. I was asked if I wanted the job, I thought about it for a few days, and decided to accept the offer.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Fellowship competition. The research proposal is limited is one page and requires no references. It must propose new cutting edge research and resonate with a broad scientific audience. The key is communicating the idea and its importance without use of jargon and technical terms. It should also not be a direct extension of things that you have already done.

Interview Questions
    • How do you explain your research in 3 minutes or less to someone who is not an expert.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Terms are fixed.

Student Services Advisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

2 rounds of interview: first with staff, second with faculty

Development Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

I received a call from the hiring manager inviting me to participate in the job interview. I was interviewed by a panel of managers within the departmental group. Everyone was very professional and polite. The process ran on time and lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    Salary ranges are well defined in the University system.

Academic Center Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in April 2013.

Took a couple of weeks. Applied online, followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How does student diversity affect how you would do this job?   Answer Question

Student Affairs Officer II Interview

Open search.

Interview Questions
    • Sorry, honestly can't remember. The interview was not that challenging.   Answer Question
    Frustrating because they did not expect me to negotiate but I got what I wanted in the end.

Research Scientist Interview

Title changed from Postdoc to scientist, no additional hiring process

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

After applying online I was called for an interview two weeks later. I was given a number of scenarios to which I had to present solutions. The interview also gave an opportunity to understand more about the department, tasks, my role. I was shortlisted for a final interview a week later. More scenarios were given, I also had to explain why I wanted to change careers.

CS170 Reader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

I got an email from the professor asking if I wanted to grade papers for his class and I said sure. It was really just as simple as that, get an A the semester before and you'll get a free job offer. Overall, the job is quite a bit of fun as I can see how the students are doing and I get to review the material.

Interview Questions
    Here's the salary, non negotiable.

Graduate Student Interview

It's a typical application process of entering a graduate school. We have to prepare GRE and our statement of purpose and personal history statement. After we submit our application, we wait for two months, and then some professors that are interested in our application would schedule interviews with us. They ask questions about my past research and wether I will come to Berkeley if I get admission.