University of California Berkeley Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.5

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Very pleasant experience, applied online, got call for interview one week later. Met with HR and got offer 1 week later. h. h. h .h. h . h . h. h . h. h . h . h . . h

Assistant Director Interview

Interview

Human Resources rep meets with department and hiring manager for an intake process meeting. Advertised on in house and various well known job sites, recruiter sourced his/her files of relevant candidates, a hiring committee screened for "yes, no, and maybe" candidates, then had panel interviews with 5 finalists, then chose 2 most likely to get hired hiring manager interviewed both and choose candidate.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult challenge and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Panelists' attitude.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Manchester, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

They were pretty casual, mainly questions about relevant work experience. Sometimes they ask for references. Works differently for different departments. Need to go prepared to convince them why you are fit for the role

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this job?   1 Answer

Temporary Senior Custodian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone, as I had previously worked there, and on-site interviews are only given to new employees. They asked me to talk about my past relevant work experience, then about 4 to 8 questions about janitorial work. I was informed that I would be contacted by email for further information.

Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

I sent in a resume and cover letter online. The manager immediately replied and said he would be interested in scheduling a phone interview. The interview was brief, easy and fun. I believe the manager wanted to make sure I was sociable on the phone. Afterward, a similar 1:1 live interview. I later heard back that I could come to a training on "getting in the door" and other sales techniques (paid to attend training). Once the training ended, I was brought on as a caller.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where someone wanted to give to Cal, but simply "did not have the money"?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Interview

There are two rounds for the interview process. There are single interviews where you speak to RDs and current RAs, and then there are group interviews where RAs and RDs observe how you interact with other potential individuals for the position. It is not a matter of who talks the most, or who listens the most, it is completely arbitrary and up to the RD observing. One female RD that I observed alongside, was extremely sexist. Every male potential that interviewed received 0-1, whereas every female potential received 4-5 (out of 5). She solely stated that the males deserved such low scores because they were exercising their male authority. I was completely dumbfounded, but in my position I can't really talk back to the RD anyway.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular, just be weary of body language, tone, courtesy, "airtime", and other nonverbal characteristics during the group interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Outreach Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Easy application process of handing in your resume online. Recruiter will call you randomly (mine was in the evening) and ask you a series of questions related to UC Berkeley, customer relations experience, and scenario questions. If you are selected to go on to the next round, you will have a group interview with about 5 other people.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable asking a very low income family for a donation to UC Berkeley?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Student Instructor Interview

Interview

Simple email correspondence with coordinator of GSIs

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screening call followed by 4 hours of interviewing on campus with numerous members of search committee. Email notification sent in advance was very vague and general and did not prepare for what was actually expected. Initially met with a 4 member group, followed by meeting with approximately 10 staff/faculty members, followed by one on one with hiring manager/direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Asked to present for 5 minutes on a random topic of interest   Answer Question

Human Resources Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Recruited through workstudy website

Interview Questions

• None - simply reviewed my resume and asked questions about it   Answer Question