University of California Berkeley

www.berkeley.edu

University of California Berkeley Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at University of California Berkeley

Interview Details – I just need to submit the applications to the university. No interview at all. After consider my application, they give me an offer. Also, I have to submit some document like GRE, and GPA, etc.

Interview Question – I did not get any difficult question.   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2013.

Interview Details – They just asked me about hours, how familiar I was with the research (like classes I took that related). They asked about my workload and how much I was involved in campus because that could have conflicting time interests. It went alright. They also explained what I would be doing.

Interview Question – I didn't really feel like there was a ton, it was mostly the hours portion as I had class during that time.   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2010.

Interview Details – It really depends on each department. I applied online when I saw that a a research group needed help. They contacted me and I was interviewed one on one with the principal researcher. They asked me why I was interested in the research topic and how I could contributed to their group.

Interview Question – What skills can you contribute to our research group?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When working with clients in a research lab, your schedule revolves around when they can come in. I had to be flexible about my work schedule.

South San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in May 2010.

Interview Details – The professor who hired me gave me an 1:1 interview. Asked me questions about my experiences and what I could do to assist her in her research.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Research Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in February 2010.

Interview Details – First, it's phone interview, asking you why you want to work here. then, the interviewer asked your schedule to see whether you are available. then, he picked one work experience from the resume.

Interview Question – why you want to this job   Answer Question

Worked for University of California Berkeley? Contribute to the Community!