University of California Berkeley Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.2

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

They had a opening posted on their website. I emailed them my resume in an email explaining why I am interested in the position. I got a interview. I met with the PI and the Post- doctorate student who I will be directly working with. They asked about my previous experience and explained what the position was.

Interview Questions

• For me the hardest part was whether I can be there for the summer. I was applying for a part-time during the semester. They also asked me to not take a class and devote that time to the lab.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of California Berkeley

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I just need to submit the applications to the university. No interview at all. After consider my application, they give me an offer. Also, I have to submit some document like GRE, and GPA, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly. I first got referred to the position through a friend who was leaving the job. The interview entailed typical behavioral questions. It seemed that having a referral, pleasant and enthusiastic personality, and availability of approximately 10 hours/week (as an undergrad student) is enough to get hired. I never had experience in this field of work (pedestrian, bicycle, and vehicle safety and traffic).

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to make a judgment call? For example, during data collection, it was unclear how to categorize the data, and I wasn't in the office.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

They just asked me about hours, how familiar I was with the research (like classes I took that related). They asked about my workload and how much I was involved in campus because that could have conflicting time interests. It went alright. They also explained what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really feel like there was a ton, it was mostly the hours portion as I had class during that time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

It really depends on each department. I applied online when I saw that a a research group needed help. They contacted me and I was interviewed one on one with the principal researcher. They asked me why I was interested in the research topic and how I could contributed to their group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When working with clients in a research lab, your schedule revolves around when they can come in. I had to be flexible about my work schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The professor who hired me gave me an 1:1 interview. Asked me questions about my experiences and what I could do to assist her in her research.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in February 2010.

Interview

First, it's phone interview, asking you why you want to work here. then, the interviewer asked your schedule to see whether you are available. then, he picked one work experience from the resume.