University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.5

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Apply online and submit your resume and transcripts as well as TOEFL and GRE. No interview process. The application deadline is very early, and you must be aware of that. You'd better find some recommendation letters from a famous scientist or professors since that will be very helpful. There are number of fellowship opportunities in UCB.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process is with a panel of 3 to 4 people. They are very organized with a list of questions that they ask. The position required some PHP experience and a coder was present to determine my coding skills by providing some code and explaining what was missing in the code.

Interview Questions

• The example of code was missing quite a bit of characters and no real answer was given when asked what the purpose of the code was.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

I was already working for the department when the project I managed came up. My boss had me in mind to run the project so it was probably the easiest hiring and interview process I've ever had. I was asked if I wanted the job, I thought about it for a few days, and decided to accept the offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied in person and got hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• General questions such as: why do you want to work in marketing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I emailed with my previous teaching experience. Got accepted

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward. Simply just asked me about questions regarding my past experience.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in February 2007.

Interview

Submitted resume and filled out online application. Also needed three references and GRE scores. On site I had the opportunity to ask questions of Professors and they got to know more about my qualifications.

Clerk Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was a quick phone call involving a brief screening. This was regarding a student job, however, so normally I think they interview in-person, one-on-one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

GSR Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

We only had to submit an application. So there is no interview. There is the recruiting visit, which is the best part about the whole experience. You get to meet with current graduate students as well as the professors.

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I am asked with questions such as describing your strengths and weakness.
    Most questions are really behavioral.
    Not many tough questions are asked.
    Also. they have a four round interview system, which makes the process super competitive.
    I am asked with questions such as describing your strengths and weakness.
    Most questions are really behavioral.
    Not many tough questions are asked.