University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.5

Administrative Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in November 2013.

Applied online and then interviewed a few weeks later. I was called in and the interview was entirely behavioral. No difficult questions. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest strength? What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Principal Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in February 2015.

Contacted by an HR person a week after submitting my application online. Set up a six-person panel interview on Wednesday with 4 designers, a developer, and a manager. All very nice and had prepared questions in advance. Got contacted Friday and asked to come in for another round of interviews now with three people: web director, executive director of marketing and external relations, and an editorial director. Also very nice people who seemed genuinely invested in their work. Was told by the executive director that they are looking to fill the position fast and will be contacting me by EOW with next steps and making an offer the following week. However, I have not heard from them by EOW or by mid next week, which was odd because they were very responsive and transparent in the process. Had to call HR to find out that I was out of the race. I was disappointed by the way they handled the situation. I thought they should have let me know either way because I already was pretty far in the process.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up with design trends?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about designing a website that would stay visually-current in 18 months?   Answer Question

Hearst Gym Service Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in October 2011.

The interview and hiring process were really simple. I applied at the end of August and then did not get called back for an interview until mid October. It all really depends on when they need more staff, which is usually at the end of every semester, since people are graduating or leaving for summer. The interview was very relaxed. Mainly they just want to know if you have customer service experience.

Interview Questions
    • I had experience with working with older people (late 50's and on) they were super interested in that since a lot of the people who frequent Hearst Gym Facilities are older members and are VERY particular about how they want things at the gym run.   View Answer

Metrics and Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

interviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2014.

The interviewers really focuses on the role's required specific skills. They asked intelligent questions and were focused on what you can bring for the group.

The interview started on time and was roughly about an hour. 4 people interviewed me and each one asked questions in relation to what group they represented.

Interview Questions
    • When asked to provide specific examples, hard to choose which scenario would best represent the question at hand.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Applied to an online job posting. Got a call for a phone interview approx. 2 weeks later. Phone interview was with two people who worked in department. It was a 30 minute interview and they asked me several questions about my past experience and how I would handle situations that came up. If you are well prepared it should be smooth.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest challenge facing the UC Berkeley community?   Answer Question

Student Library Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2012.

There is a single interview with the supervising staff of the library. This employee is straightforward and has to do with past experiences in customer service. Some work study is often required to be eligible for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had experience saying 'No' in a professional setting?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation phase for this position, either one accepts or one does not.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2013.

They just asked me about hours, how familiar I was with the research (like classes I took that related). They asked about my workload and how much I was involved in campus because that could have conflicting time interests. It went alright. They also explained what I would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really feel like there was a ton, it was mostly the hours portion as I had class during that time.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2013.

Very straight forward. Simply just asked me about questions regarding my past experience.

Academic Center Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in April 2013.

Took a couple of weeks. Applied online, followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How does student diversity affect how you would do this job?   Answer Question

Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley.

I sent in a resume and cover letter online. The manager immediately replied and said he would be interested in scheduling a phone interview. The interview was brief, easy and fun. I believe the manager wanted to make sure I was sociable on the phone. Afterward, a similar 1:1 live interview. I later heard back that I could come to a training on "getting in the door" and other sales techniques (paid to attend training). Once the training ended, I was brought on as a caller.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where someone wanted to give to Cal, but simply "did not have the money"?   Answer Question