University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.5

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was an on site interview. It last for one entire day. I got to talk to several group members and gave a presentation to the group. Got offer two days after my interview.

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Talked to the Professor I applied for later during a conference and submitted resume and CV including references later. Visited after conference in the same area and interviewed. Professor showed not up for first appointment. Interview was mainly about scientific topics, no other stuff was considered. Funding was from my scholarship, not the Professors ones.

Team Lead Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with UCB prior to getting hired. First was phone, then with hiring manager, then with the accounting team. The phone interview was conducted by the hiring manager, then I was invited for a panel interview, which consisted of other team leads, and the third interview was done by the direct reports.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Fairly standard. Phone interview, scheduled interview with panel, one on one with hiring manager. Then references and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes - but there was not much room for movement.

Front-End Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The process consisted of a traditional in-person interview at the CET's headquarters (located at the 11th floor of the Chase Bank building outside the Berkeley BART station). Since I interviewed for the Front End, I was mainly asked design questions about how I'd improve certain features of their layouts, followed by a slightly unexpected more technical question about text formatting. Before making their decision, they followed up by making me code up a static page about showcasing a company, which also wasn't that bad. Overall the process took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a "see more" functionality in Javascript if all you're given is a long string from the backend?   1 Answer

MFE Applicant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

After applying, they keep on contact and are very quick to respond to any queries. About 4 weeks after applying I got invited to interview. It was a skype interview with a past student who immediately sets you at ease. Started with some standard for questions like why finance as opposed to background, asked 1 or 2 things about the resume and then straight into 2 brain teasers. One was bizarre with tigers and sheep on an island, other was a probability one. Then moved onto some portfolio management questions and stats questions. Next was black scholes, more concentrating on intuition, and then time to ask questions and a casual chat. Overall pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• One of the Black Scholes questions that came up was about the risk neutral pricing measure which isn't impossible but, if you aren't fresh on it, was difficult to convey verbally off the cuff and unclear how much theory to go into or intuition.   Answer Question

Administrative Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and then interviewed a few weeks later. I was called in and the interview was entirely behavioral. No difficult questions. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength? What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Apply online and submit your resume and transcripts as well as TOEFL and GRE. No interview process. The application deadline is very early, and you must be aware of that. You'd better find some recommendation letters from a famous scientist or professors since that will be very helpful. There are number of fellowship opportunities in UCB.

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA).

Interview

First is a phone interview where they asked some difficult questions where you had to think and respond fast. Second is an on-site interview with a small group of about 4-5 people. The manager gives a presentation on the company and what to expect, then interviews 1-on-1 asking some basic questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a good conversation with one of the prospects but they refuse to donate the $2000 you asked for, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, salary is base $10.00/ hour with bonuses

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward. Simply just asked me about questions regarding my past experience.