University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.5

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

WMF Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in October 2012.

Questions about past experience. Given scenarios to test troubleshooting and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Scenarios with clients having difficulties with various programs such as Microsoft Office or Adobe Suite. you must try and solve/ handle unexpected issues.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2012.

I applied online through UC Berkeley as a work study student. I was looking for jobs and found three student assistant positions at Berkeley Law. I applied to two and got called back for one. At first they responded and told me that they are currently reviewing the applicants. Then they took a while to respond so I emailed them back after a week and they asked me for an interview date. I came in (in professional attire) and sat down with two interviewers. They asked me about my resume, my previous jobs, a charity event I worked on and what skills I can offer them. They also asked about my time management skills and how well do I work under pressure. The interview was really good and the interviewers (one of them is my current boss) is extremely kind. I got the email after two days and I accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I (the boss) gave you a task to do and another legal assistant or law professor walks in and asks you to do another task? How would you prioritize the tasks given to you if all three of us were to ask you to get it done?   View Answer

Social Media Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in August 2012.

I submitted my application over the summer, and got an interview within a couple of days. The employer asked a lot of questions about my experience and technical knowledge. She also threw some case questions at me and asked what my marketing approaches would be, as well as how I see the future of social media in general.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the social media channel that will be the next big thing? Why?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation. It was a student job, and the pay as well as conditions were great. Love the job to this day!

Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in June 2012.

The key to find a job is that my skills fit the job requirement and company.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in April 2012.

Very cool job, you learn a lot of technical skills and learn customer service as well. The hiring process requires you to fiddle around making a Word Document identical to the one that they give you, and then they put you in an interview where you have to answer a few technical questions. Don't worry if they're too hard, you can look things up during the interview. The big thing is making sure you have good customer service and address them nicely.

Interview Questions
    • It's been a while since I interviewed with them, but the tech questions have to usually do with Word or Excel and how to to do so-and-so with possibly formatting things like footnotes.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in March 2012.

I emailed the principal investigator about my interest in working in his lab.
    I was asked to read three research publications before the interview.
    The interview was not formal. I was asked questions to gauge my understanding of the papers and gauge my interest and prospect in the research focus of the lab.
    The PI and other researchers were friendly, supportive, and helpful to me and my lab partner as we transitioned into working in the lab.
    Working times are generally planned by each researcher based on his/her projects.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the significance of our lab's research?   Answer Question
    • What aspect of our area of research would you be most interested in working in?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a starting date of the upcoming summer.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in March 2012.

Apply to the school, to the department in which you want to study. Make your application as competitive as possible. In our department, you specify a few PI's who you'd want to work with, and they get a copy of your application (if you make some initial cut). Then, they will decide if they want to have you come in for an 'informal' interview. This was my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to help us with this problem we're trying to solve?   Answer Question
    "we hope you can join us"

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in March 2012.

Very straightforward. Didn't interview people that were not already qualified. First interview was over the phone. Second was in the office. I think the interview was mostly to see how I would fit in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position and what are some changes you are hoping to bring.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in February 2012.

I emailed with my previous teaching experience. Got accepted

Student Library Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2012.

There is a single interview with the supervising staff of the library. This employee is straightforward and has to do with past experiences in customer service. Some work study is often required to be eligible for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had experience saying 'No' in a professional setting?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation phase for this position, either one accepts or one does not.