University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.5

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2012.

I applied online through UC Berkeley as a work study student. I was looking for jobs and found three student assistant positions at Berkeley Law. I applied to two and got called back for one. At first they responded and told me that they are currently reviewing the applicants. Then they took a while to respond so I emailed them back after a week and they asked me for an interview date. I came in (in professional attire) and sat down with two interviewers. They asked me about my resume, my previous jobs, a charity event I worked on and what skills I can offer them. They also asked about my time management skills and how well do I work under pressure. The interview was really good and the interviewers (one of them is my current boss) is extremely kind. I got the email after two days and I accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I (the boss) gave you a task to do and another legal assistant or law professor walks in and asks you to do another task? How would you prioritize the tasks given to you if all three of us were to ask you to get it done?   View Answer

Social Media Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in August 2012.

I submitted my application over the summer, and got an interview within a couple of days. The employer asked a lot of questions about my experience and technical knowledge. She also threw some case questions at me and asked what my marketing approaches would be, as well as how I see the future of social media in general.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the social media channel that will be the next big thing? Why?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation. It was a student job, and the pay as well as conditions were great. Love the job to this day!

WMF Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in October 2012.

Questions about past experience. Given scenarios to test troubleshooting and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Scenarios with clients having difficulties with various programs such as Microsoft Office or Adobe Suite. you must try and solve/ handle unexpected issues.   Answer Question

Student Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in April 2011.

submit resume, get contacted by management, interview with management

Catering and Events Coordinator-Housing and Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

The phone interview went well. After that, everything went down hill. I was interviewed by a panel of 6 people. I wasn't aware that it would be a panel but, you have to be prepared for just about anything so that was fine. What I wasn't prepared for was what rude, lifeless, unengaging, less than hospitable people they were. The questions were broad and as an event planner, one always wants to drill down to the core of a detail--so when I tried to clarify the question, one of the women on the panel threw her hands up and proclaimed "perhaps I'm not making myself clear!" and shook her head. When I interviewed canditates at my last job, I went out of my way to make that person feel welcome so that I could bring out their best and hopelly get a good sense of them and their talents.. Nope! Just the opposite here. Part of me wanted to run for the hills as I knew I would never want to work with these people....ever. The professional in me knew I needed to finish the interview and then get the heck out of there. What a shame that they were the representatives of such a fine school!

Interview Questions
    • The questions were unengaging and read from a piece of paper   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in March 2012.

Very straightforward. Didn't interview people that were not already qualified. First interview was over the phone. Second was in the office. I think the interview was mostly to see how I would fit in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position and what are some changes you are hoping to bring.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  UC Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in February 2010.

I took the chance to visit my postdoctoral supervisor while I was on holiday in San Francisco. I contacted the person beforehand via email, but never got any response. But a friend of mine told me that I should take the chance to literally knock on the door of the professor I wanted to work with and this actually worked very well. After I introduced myself we had a short conversation and at the end he offered me a postdoctoral position subject to the condition that he could raise some money for me. 6 weeks later he officially offered me the job and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not like questions and answers. It was a scientific conversation.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2011.

For psychology department. Job posted through Work Study website; sent in resume and was emailed back directly by hiring manager. She invited me in to office for interview and asked mostly personal questions, digging about what kind of person I am - probably just trying to assess whether you are reliable, self-sufficient type with a can-do attitude (most of the tasks required are repetitive, rather unchallenging anyway)

Interview Questions
    • What if you were given a time-sensitive task and required information or resources from someone in the office - but are unable to track him or her down?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Compensation is posted in job listing and not even discussed.

Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in June 2012.

The key to find a job is that my skills fit the job requirement and company.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2008.

I applied, then someone contacted me by phone. I met initially with a small panel that consisted of the supervisor, another analyst of a slightly higher ranking than the position I was applying for, and another manager from a different dept. they asked about 10 questions. I then provided a writing sample.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a problem you had difficulty solving and the steps you took to solve it.   Answer Question