University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.5

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

College and Career Center Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in December 2011.

I applied through UCB's online job site where I submitted a combined cover letter and resume. I was contacted by the hiring manager and scheduled an on campus interview--which I discovered was a panel interview upon arrival. I was asked a series of questions by three dept members.

Two members of the interviewing panel were too casual in the interview--they were not prepared. I discovered through the process of interviewing that the position had not been fulfilled because the duties seemed to be all-encompassing and not clearly defined. Also, the actual position was not on campus but offsite at a grant funded program hosted by UCB.

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in December 2011.

I submitted a 3 page proposal and 4 reference letters by request of the Professor who I was interested to work with. Later, I had a phone interview with him.

Interview Questions
    • Mathematical abilities, mass transport work, past experiences, use of matlab.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate the offer, I wanted to include UC Berkeley on my CV.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in November 2011.

Applied in person and got hired on spot.

Interview Questions
    • General questions such as: why do you want to work in marketing?   Answer Question
    None

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2011.

For psychology department. Job posted through Work Study website; sent in resume and was emailed back directly by hiring manager. She invited me in to office for interview and asked mostly personal questions, digging about what kind of person I am - probably just trying to assess whether you are reliable, self-sufficient type with a can-do attitude (most of the tasks required are repetitive, rather unchallenging anyway)

Interview Questions
    • What if you were given a time-sensitive task and required information or resources from someone in the office - but are unable to track him or her down?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Compensation is posted in job listing and not even discussed.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in May 2011.

The interview process is with a panel of 3 to 4 people. They are very organized with a list of questions that they ask. The position required some PHP experience and a coder was present to determine my coding skills by providing some code and explaining what was missing in the code.

Interview Questions
    • The example of code was missing quite a bit of characters and no real answer was given when asked what the purpose of the code was.   Answer Question

Student Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in April 2011.

submit resume, get contacted by management, interview with management

Fitness Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2011.

It is good to know someone who is currently working and then you can mention them in the interview with the manager. It is a big plus, because then the manager will ask about you to them. They ask your past experience with sports and your passion for sports. Then some general abilities, then you are done.

10$/hr

Gsi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in December 2010.

I was selected as a teacher for an undergraduate course after submitting typical application materials. There was no interview process, I was selected solely based upon the materials that I submitted.

Interview Questions
    • I was hired at the last minute - definitely unexpected.   Answer Question
    N/A

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in November 2010.

Easy. Just be calm and talk about your experiences in the residence halls

No you were not.

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in October 2010.

I am asked with questions such as describing your strengths and weakness.
    Most questions are really behavioral.
    Not many tough questions are asked.
    Also. they have a four round interview system, which makes the process super competitive.
    I am asked with questions such as describing your strengths and weakness.
    Most questions are really behavioral.
    Not many tough questions are asked.