University of California Berkeley

Updated May 28, 2014

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Very pleasant experience, applied online, got call for interview one week later. Met with HR and got offer 1 week later. h. h. h .h. h . h . h. h . h. h . h . h . . h

Other Interview Reviews for University of California Berkeley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2013.

Very straight forward. Simply just asked me about questions regarding my past experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2012.

I applied online through UC Berkeley as a work study student. I was looking for jobs and found three student assistant positions at Berkeley Law. I applied to two and got called back for one. At first they responded and told me that they are currently reviewing the applicants. Then they took a while to respond so I emailed them back after a week and they asked me for an interview date. I came in (in professional attire) and sat down with two interviewers. They asked me about my resume, my previous jobs, a charity event I worked on and what skills I can offer them. They also asked about my time management skills and how well do I work under pressure. The interview was really good and the interviewers (one of them is my current boss) is extremely kind. I got the email after two days and I accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I (the boss) gave you a task to do and another legal assistant or law professor walks in and asks you to do another task? How would you prioritize the tasks given to you if all three of us were to ask you to get it done?   View Answer

Student Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in August 2011.

The hiring process is easy, they asked a few behavioral questions. I didn't get the offer initially but they contacted me the next semester to offer me a position since I was on the waitlist. I accepted and training was good.

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2010.

Asked questions regarding resume and clarifications on some things/previous experience. Interviewed by 3 people and took about an hour. No trick questions but just about previous work and also school (since they are looking for under classman that can work for several years). Relaxed environment and went fairly smoothly I would say.

Did not negotiate