University of California Berkeley
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of California Berkeley
- Graduate Student Researcher (7)
- Research Assistant (6)
- Student Assistant (6)
- Postdoctoral Scholar (5)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Office Assistant (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2)
- Resident Assistant (2)
- Communications (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Program Coordinator (2)
- Business (1)
- Lifeguard (1)
- Mailroom Clerk (1)
- Postdoctoral Employee (1)
- Computer Lab Administrator (1)
- Academic Tutor (1)
- Credit Card Manager (1)
- Consultant for A Grant Proposal (1)
- Student Services Advisor (1)
- Web & Communications Coordinator (1)
- Social Media Intern (1)
- Student Affairs Coordinator (1)
- Literacy Tutor (1)
- Student Library Employee (1)
- Human Resources Student Assistant (1)
- College and Career Center Coordinator (1)
- Undergraduate Research Apprentice (1)
- Project Policy Analyst Position In Sociology (1)
Undergraduate Research Apprentice Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at University of California Berkeley in March 2012.
I emailed the principal investigator about my interest in working in his lab.
I was asked to read three research publications before the interview.
The interview was not formal. I was asked questions to gauge my understanding of the papers and gauge my interest and prospect in the research focus of the lab.
The PI and other researchers were friendly, supportive, and helpful to me and my lab partner as we transitioned into working in the lab.
Working times are generally planned by each researcher based on his/her projects.