Interviews for Top Jobs at University of California Berkeley
- Graduate Student Researcher (7)
- Research Assistant (7)
- Student Assistant (6)
- Postdoctoral Scholar (5)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Resident Assistant (2)
- Communications (2)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2)
- Office Assistant (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Career Services Specialist (2)
- Graduate Student Instructor (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Staff Research Associate (2)
- Administrative Assistant III (2)
- Program Coordinator (2)
- Business (1)
- Lifeguard (1)
- Mailroom Clerk (1)
- Student Worker (1)
- Postdoctoral Employee (1)
- Computer Lab Administrator (1)
- Academic Tutor (1)
- Security Monitor (1)
- Credit Card Manager (1)
- Consultant for A Grant Proposal (1)
- Student Services Advisor (1)
- Web & Communications Coordinator (1)
- Social Media Intern (1)
- Student Affairs Coordinator (1)
Undergraduate Research Apprentice Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in March 2012.
I emailed the principal investigator about my interest in working in his lab.
I was asked to read three research publications before the interview.
The interview was not formal. I was asked questions to gauge my understanding of the papers and gauge my interest and prospect in the research focus of the lab.
The PI and other researchers were friendly, supportive, and helpful to me and my lab partner as we transitioned into working in the lab.
Working times are generally planned by each researcher based on his/her projects.
I was able to negotiate a starting date of the upcoming summer.