University of California

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Farm Advisor Interview

Farm Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of California in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through university website. contacted within 1 week for on site interview. Traveled to location, then had a panel interview followed by the director 1:1 interview. The interview panel were my peers in UCANR, had questions regarding the research I do. I presented a science presentation, followed by on-site writing sample over my seminar topic geared to grower perspective.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would use a split plot design in your field of research.   View Answer
  • Describe the life cycle of 'such and such' organism.   View Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, they are strict on the compensation- at least with me. They wouldn't go up any more, because I didn't have any post graduate work experience. They at least said it was related to years of work experience. Ph.D automatically places at assistant level step III, more years work experience get higher steps. Tried to negotiate my spousal accommodation, but didn't work either. They hem hawed around on it.

Worked for University of California? Contribute to the Community!