University of California Interview Questions

2.4

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was not be taken seriously. Management panel rescheduled my interview date and time three times after they had already completed their final selection process. I am still trying to understand the point to the process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and professional. The interview consisted of two on site interviews. The first interview was with the Hiring Manager and another Business Analyst. It consisted of standard Business Analysis questions about requirement gathering, documentation and task prioritization. Was presented with various scenarios, technical as well as professional, to solve. The second interview was with the department's Sr. Director. Standard HR interview with questions ranging from "Why is this a good position for you?" to "What will you bring to this position?". I was also required to provide with some work samples as well as TWO professional references.

Interview Questions

• What would be your approach to a situation for with you require some feedback and you do not have your Manager to guide you?   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewers are nice.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Very well organized. Interview set up by phone with a detailed email - interview committee, location and interview format. Pleasant experience. I was taken aback at the number of empty cubicles and storage rooms. Still ramping up from a reorganization. Did not hear back after interview although followup was offered after the interview. Difficult to say what the office is like. Work culture I believe is - do more work with less - less resources and less time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in charge and the outcome was not as expected.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at University of California in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview with someone in human resources. I did well and they called me the next day and asked if I could interview in person within a day or two. As I lived in the opposite end of the state, it was a stretch for me to be able to do that. I wanted the job, however, so I purchased a plane ticket and took a day off work to interview in person. The second interview consisted of a group interview with six managers and department personnel. They each took turns asking questions and were all very friendly. I felt I was in sync with what they wanted and they exemplified what I was looking for in a work culture. Lastly, I did a skills test which included internet research and composing mock emails to professors and students. I felt very confident that I had researched the information correctly and composed professional emails. Despite having purchased a plane ticket, hotel, and car rental (yes, they were aware of this), I never heard back from anyone. I sent follow-up emails, a voicemail, and was ignored.

Interview Questions

• A mother of a student calls you and is frantic that her son has lost his wallet while studying abroad. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • If you were a type of cheese, what type of cheese would you be and why?   Answer Question