University of California

University of California Program Coordinator Interview Questions & Reviews

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Coordinator Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of California in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a phone interview with someone in human resources. I did well and they called me the next day and asked if I could interview in person within a day or two. As I lived in the opposite end of the state, it was a stretch for me to be able to do that. I wanted the job, however, so I purchased a plane ticket and took a day off work to interview in person.

The second interview consisted of a group interview with six managers and department personnel. They each took turns asking questions and were all very friendly. I felt I was in sync with what they wanted and they exemplified what I was looking for in a work culture. Lastly, I did a skills test which included internet research and composing mock emails to professors and students. I felt very confident that I had researched the information correctly and composed professional emails.

Despite having purchased a plane ticket, hotel, and car rental (yes, they were aware of this), I never heard back from anyone. I sent follow-up emails, a voicemail, and was ignored.

Interview Questions

• A mother of a student calls you and is frantic that her son has lost his wallet while studying abroad. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question
  • If you were a type of cheese, what type of cheese would you be and why?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of California? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of California Program Coordinator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of California employees and interview candidates.