University of Cambridge

www.cam.ac.uk

University of Cambridge Research Assistant Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Cambridge in June 2011.

Interview was with the PI and his colleague, and lasted around 15-20 mins. Lots of standard interview questions including "where do you see yourself in five years time" and questions about perceived problems with academia, why I applied for job etc. Only one technical question on cell culture technique used in master's project. Would advise other candidates to re-familiarise themselves with own research projects and be able to explain techniques used well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Cambridge

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Cambridge in September 2008.

Phone interview (as I was interviewing from another country)

The university had agrreed to arrange my visa, but in the end this was not done on time and I had to arrange it myself otherwise I would not have been able to take up the job offer on time. Be aware that the Unversity of Cambridge is very very slow when it comes to administration as there is a lot of red tape to get through.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply for this position   Answer Question
    • Although you have the technical experience for this position, you do not have any experience applying it in this field. How will you overcome this?   Answer Question