University of Central Arkansas Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2015

Executive Assistant to the Advancement Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in October 2011.

Interview

The HR Dept on campus found me this position. The HR Director set up interview with the Advancement VP. It wasn't anything too detailed pretty simple and it worked out well. After the interview I received a call within 3 days or so offering the position to me.

Interview Questions

• I did not feel there were any difficult or unexpected questions asked. The questions that were asked were regarding my previous work experience and how those experiences would help things run better at this office.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically accepted the same yearly salary that I was making with my previous position on campus.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in May 2011.

Interview

Panel interview with mix of faculty and staff. Pleasant and welcoming. Took about an hour and a half. Interview was half questions and half tour of the building and meeting some of the graduate students and other faculty.

Interview Questions

• How woul you deal with crying students and helicopter parents?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I was told that I could receive yearly merit raises but the university has had a freeze on those since I have been employed there.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in September 2010.

Interview

I sent in my resume and job application documents in late June. I finally received a call from the department in mid September. I set up an appointment for an interview. I was interviewed by the department director and the secretary at the same time in the director's office. They described the various tasks I would have and asked if I would be able to handle all of it. They then asked about different areas of leadership and about my past work experiences. They also asked about my expertise with computer hardware and software. Overall, it was a decent interview. It was relaxed and not too formal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past experience where you had to lead or show a degree of leadership. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in April 2008.

Interview

I had to interview for about 4 hours meeting with the managers of various departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your counseling philosophy?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself in three words   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. The offer was made and was not altered.

Education Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Central Arkansas in May 2009.

Interview

general interview about education, background and nature