University of Central Florida Interview Questions in Orlando, FL

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.5

Student Support Services Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Submitted Interview through their online site. Did follow up with head of Student Support Services. She was nice and told me that the job fell under another department but asked if I had applied for another position she had open. I had applied, I suspect the HR department may be obmiting applications.

Online@UCF Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I first sent my resume through the UCF career site.

It asked me to submit a personal website. I emailed the employers because this was mandatory and I did not know how to respond. They said put something funny if I did not want to share a personal website. I decided to put a cat meme.

In my interview, they asked me to jog their minds about what I submitted for the link. I reminded them that I put a cat meme. They laughed and remembered that they chose my application in part because of it.

Their questions were pretty standard:

What are your strengths, Weaknesses? etc.

Tell me about your previous relevant experience?

I had two managers that participated in my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you helped someone do something technical process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, because it is a part time entry level job.

Senior Fiscal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

First step is to apply online at jobswithucf.com, it took some time to but I was notified through e-mail for interview, after the interview was scheduled I went and completed it. It took about 2 weeks to get a response.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had an issue with a co-worker or manager, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Luckily, I did not have to negotiate but I was offered a higher salary than listed on the website due to my degree and experience.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

The professor mentioned in class and I went to his office talking about in detail. He asked what performance I have on particular aspect (e.g ability of math problem solving, how sensible to numbers and opinions on this field in the future) Then I sent him my resume and after 2 weeks I got the offer. Not sure how many students to apply.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

The on-line application is exceptionally extensive. Interviewing is typical of most companies, not too bad if you are prepared answer questions about the area being applied for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe myself using five words. I have never come across this one and it threw me off balance. A great question to as your interviewer!   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Application. Phone interview. Panel interview. Individual interviews. Background check. Reference check. Much of the interviewing is with future peers. You do meet and interview with the management teams - from line manager up to director and even vice president. At one point, you present an example of online course design you have delivered, and you speak about it regarding design concerns in a panel environment with future peers.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult working situation you have had and how did you manage it? Also, scenarios where faculty members (your future clients) are very difficult and tell you they haven't had time to do their part in course prep, how do you handle them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a range, and you can argue up the range if you have a lot of experience in the same environment. If not, you have little chance to negotiate up the range. There is no possibility outside of the range.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

the interview was mostly based on a presentation and couple questions related to that presentation. so all and all it was very easy as I moved with my superior most of my package and requirements were considered as part of his professorship process.

CWEP Student - Technical Senior Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Put in your resume at the Center for Experiential Learning. They will call you to set up an interview. Their questions are mostly to see how well you learn and work as part of a team. Background checks for security clearances can be lengthy if you don't get an interim clearance.

CWEP Student - Technical Senior Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The questions asked were mostly about my resume and what I can do and cannot as pertaining to their needs. There were not many technical questions. However it was unprofessional because they forgot that there was an interview and came in late. This is pertaining to the on-sight interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

CWEP Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was conducted by non university of central florida employees where the students are contracted at. There are several departments and interviews can vary greatly. My interview consisted of 4 ladies asking me mainly questions regarding my previous experiences. No technical questions were asked. The interview lasted about 20 minutes.