University of Central Florida Interview Questions in Orlando, FL

2.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Student Support Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Central Florida in December 2013.

Submitted Interview through their online site. Did follow up with head of Student Support Services. She was nice and told me that the job fell under another department but asked if I had applied for another position she had open. I had applied, I suspect the HR department may be obmiting applications.

Online@UCF Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Central Florida.

I first sent my resume through the UCF career site.

It asked me to submit a personal website. I emailed the employers because this was mandatory and I did not know how to respond. They said put something funny if I did not want to share a personal website. I decided to put a cat meme.

In my interview, they asked me to jog their minds about what I submitted for the link. I reminded them that I put a cat meme. They laughed and remembered that they chose my application in part because of it.

Their questions were pretty standard:

What are your strengths, Weaknesses? etc.

Tell me about your previous relevant experience?

I had two managers that participated in my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you helped someone do something technical process.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, because it is a part time entry level job.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Central Florida in October 2013.

The professor mentioned in class and I went to his office talking about in detail. He asked what performance I have on particular aspect (e.g ability of math problem solving, how sensible to numbers and opinions on this field in the future) Then I sent him my resume and after 2 weeks I got the offer. Not sure how many students to apply.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Central Florida in August 2013.

The on-line application is exceptionally extensive. Interviewing is typical of most companies, not too bad if you are prepared answer questions about the area being applied for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe myself using five words. I have never come across this one and it threw me off balance. A great question to as your interviewer!   View Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Central Florida.

Application. Phone interview. Panel interview. Individual interviews. Background check. Reference check. Much of the interviewing is with future peers. You do meet and interview with the management teams - from line manager up to director and even vice president. At one point, you present an example of online course design you have delivered, and you speak about it regarding design concerns in a panel environment with future peers.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult working situation you have had and how did you manage it? Also, scenarios where faculty members (your future clients) are very difficult and tell you they haven't had time to do their part in course prep, how do you handle them?   View Answer
    They have a range, and you can argue up the range if you have a lot of experience in the same environment. If not, you have little chance to negotiate up the range. There is no possibility outside of the range.

CWEP Student - Technical Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Central Florida in May 2012.

Put in your resume at the Center for Experiential Learning. They will call you to set up an interview. Their questions are mostly to see how well you learn and work as part of a team. Background checks for security clearances can be lengthy if you don't get an interim clearance.

CWEP Student - Technical Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Central Florida in June 2011.

The questions asked were mostly about my resume and what I can do and cannot as pertaining to their needs. There were not many technical questions. However it was unprofessional because they forgot that there was an interview and came in late. This is pertaining to the on-sight interview.

no negotiation

CWEP Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Central Florida in January 2011.

Interview was conducted by non university of central florida employees where the students are contracted at. There are several departments and interviews can vary greatly. My interview consisted of 4 ladies asking me mainly questions regarding my previous experiences. No technical questions were asked. The interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Central Florida in October 2010.

Simple phone interview to know your basic resume details
    Group Interview with Search Panel
    Group Presentation on a Problem Solving Scenario
    1:1 interview with hiring manager

1 week - HR is stringent on salary policies. Retirement policies keep changing

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Central Florida in June 2010.

Very professional, asked a multitude of questions in the interview. Very set on culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an event, and what made it a success.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer issue and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    No, only offered maximum salary available.