University of Central Florida

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at University of Central Florida in October 2013.

Interview Details – The professor mentioned in class and I went to his office talking about in detail. He asked what performance I have on particular aspect (e.g ability of math problem solving, how sensible to numbers and opinions on this field in the future) Then I sent him my resume and after 2 weeks I got the offer. Not sure how many students to apply.

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Central Florida in April 2010.

Interview Details – There was an exchange of emails between me and my current adviser, and I was selected for the PhD program.

CWEP Student Interview

CWEP Student
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Central Florida in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted by non university of central florida employees where the students are contracted at. There are several departments and interviews can vary greatly. My interview consisted of 4 ladies asking me mainly questions regarding my previous experiences. No technical questions were asked. The interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – No technical questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Student Support Services Interview

Student Support Services
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Central Florida in December 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted Interview through their online site. Did follow up with head of Student Support Services. She was nice and told me that the job fell under another department but asked if I had applied for another position she had open. I had applied, I suspect the HR department may be obmiting applications.

Online@UCF Support Assistant Interview

Online@UCF Support Assistant
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Central Florida.

Interview Details – I first sent my resume through the UCF career site.

It asked me to submit a personal website. I emailed the employers because this was mandatory and I did not know how to respond. They said put something funny if I did not want to share a personal website. I decided to put a cat meme.

In my interview, they asked me to jog their minds about what I submitted for the link. I reminded them that I put a cat meme. They laughed and remembered that they chose my application in part because of it.

Their questions were pretty standard:

What are your strengths, Weaknesses? etc.

Tell me about your previous relevant experience?

I had two managers that participated in my interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you helped someone do something technical process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, because it is a part time entry level job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Central Florida in August 2013.

Interview Details – The on-line application is exceptionally extensive. Interviewing is typical of most companies, not too bad if you are prepared answer questions about the area being applied for.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe myself using five words. I have never come across this one and it threw me off balance. A great question to as your interviewer!   View Answer

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Central Florida in June 2009.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume through the online system, I was contacted for an interview as one of among 3 candidates (this is standard practice in the Florida state university system). I came in to the office where I would be working and spent about 2 hour interviewing and getting a idea of the job. Several day later I received a call with an offer.

Interview Question – None. All of the questions were easy and straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate. Pay set by HR department calculations and they are not willing to budge, no matter the circumstances, for USPS positions.

CWEP Student - Technical Senior Interview

CWEP Student - Technical Senior
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Central Florida in May 2012.

Interview Details – Put in your resume at the Center for Experiential Learning. They will call you to set up an interview. Their questions are mostly to see how well you learn and work as part of a team. Background checks for security clearances can be lengthy if you don't get an interim clearance.

Interview Question – If you could have any superpower, what would it be?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Central Florida.

Interview Details – Application. Phone interview. Panel interview. Individual interviews. Background check. Reference check. Much of the interviewing is with future peers. You do meet and interview with the management teams - from line manager up to director and even vice president. At one point, you present an example of online course design you have delivered, and you speak about it regarding design concerns in a panel environment with future peers.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult working situation you have had and how did you manage it? Also, scenarios where faculty members (your future clients) are very difficult and tell you they haven't had time to do their part in course prep, how do you handle them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a range, and you can argue up the range if you have a lot of experience in the same environment. If not, you have little chance to negotiate up the range. There is no possibility outside of the range.

CWEP Student - Technical Senior Interview

CWEP Student - Technical Senior
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Central Florida in June 2011.

Interview Details – The questions asked were mostly about my resume and what I can do and cannot as pertaining to their needs. There were not many technical questions. However it was unprofessional because they forgot that there was an interview and came in late. This is pertaining to the on-sight interview.

Interview Question – Not really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Central Florida? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Central Florida interview questions and advice in Orlando, FL. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Central Florida employees and interview candidates.