University of Chicago Hospital

www.uchospitals.edu
  www.uchospitals.edu

University of Chicago Hospital Interview Questions

Hospitalist Project Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

Phone interview and then skype interview with research coordinator and project coordinator. Basic behavioral questions about past experiences and why I was interested in medicine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you received criticism in the past and how you dealt with that situation?   Answer Question

Patient Appointment Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

Shortly after applying for the position, a recruiter contacted me via email about the position and scheduled me to come in the next day for a face to face interview and to take 5 tests. I passed all of the tests and the interview with recruiter seemed like it went well. The recruiter spoke with me about the position, the salary, the start dates, and the benefits. Also, the recruiter asked me a few basic questions. At the end of the interview the recruiter informed me that someone would contact me for a phone screen and after I pass the phone screen that I would be invited in for another face to face interview. Unfortunately, no one ever contacted me for a phone screen. I followed up with the recruiter but I never got a response which I think was really rude and inconsiderate. I know recruiters interview a lot of people but when someone that you interviews follows up about the position the least they could do is give a reply. The face-to-face interview was very misleading; It's not polite to have a candidate waiting for a phone screen that will never happen.

Interview Questions
    • It really wasn't unexpected, but they ask about your 5 year plans.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

Contacted a lab directly for postdoc appointment, so no traditional job posting or going through HR. Generally same as most postdoc interviews - give a research seminar, talk to lab members, talk to the PI. Offer was extended at the end of the visit.

No negotiation once offer was extended since position would be paid through NIH training grant, NIH-min salary was the pay.

Psychiatric Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of Chicago Hospital in February 2014.

I applied last year sometime. The recruiter called me to set up an interview and assessment. There were 5 assessments that I had to do. (Office skills, typing, medical terrminology, data entry, & customer service) After the tests, I met with the recruiter for 3 minutes for her to inform me that the director will review my scores and decide if a phone screening will be offered. If I get past the phone screening, then a face to face interview may be offered. After that then there's a offer. Well, I guess the director didn't choose me for a phone interview. I never heard anything from them..... unless that takes another 6 months.

Nurse Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

Initial contact via job fair. Professional recruitment was very professional & helpful. The interview process was laborious. Initially interviewed for one position, which I later learned was not being filled. I was invited to interview for another position, to which I obliged. After almost 3 months I was offered a job which I took.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I ever expressed disagreement with superiors. It was a very unexpected question.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was not encouraged or did not seem acceptable to the recruiter. However the first offer was a good one.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

I was called by the department recruiter to interview for this position. I first had to meet with the recruiter and take an aptitude test which I did really well on. A few days later the recruiter called me and scheduled an in-person interview with the department managers.

Two people from the department interviewed me at the same time for this position...however, it was far from an interview. The 'interview' lasted an hour and they only asked me one question the entire time. One of the managers told me that she didn't prepare for my interview and had no set questions to ask me. She also reiterated several times throughout the hour that after initial training was over she did not want to be "bothered" during the work day. The rest of the interview time was spent between the two managers gossiping about the department. It was the worst interview experience that I have ever had. The fact that they both did not prepare for this interview really shows how unprofessional that department is.

They said they would get back to me within 2 weeks with a decision; it has been months and I never heard back. Needless to say, I would have declined anyway!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an independent project that you completed.   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

I had a phone interview, then I was brought in two days later for an on site interview. I met the entire lab personnel. I found the interview to be quite pleasant and it lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • One unexpected question was if I was interested in moving to Hyde Park. People commute to the city all of the time for work and play, so I found that quite unexpected.   Answer Question
    No, everything was put on the table before excepting the off.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

I submitted my application online (a cold application) and was contacted within a few days of my submission. I had one phone interview with a project manager and, within a week, was called in to have a one-on-one interview. I met with all the members of the research team, including the person whose job I was taking. I was able to speak with her one-on-one was well, in order to get the most candid responses possible. I was called with an offer 3 days after my interview. The entire team was very friendly and welcoming towards me.

Interview Questions
    • What was my level of comfortability talking about sensitive and personal patient information.   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

Initial fax in application (2001) now online. recieved call for face to face interview, waited 2.5 weeks while keeping in contact with department manager via leaving messages ever so often approx every three days. Also went to trade association meeting and met employees of dept.-networking opportunity.Dept. was impressed with membership to trade orginization.

Interview Questions
    • what was your most difficult situation at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Chicago Hospital in October 2010.

Selected from HR to take coding test. They look for a passing rate over 80%. i heard back wthin a week, and was set up to interview with spervisor and manager. The questions were your average interview questions, and quite easy. I had received another offer already, so was not really interested in the position.

Interview Questions

Had accepted another offer already.