University of Chicago

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.8

Assistant Director, Development and Alumni Relations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Chicago.

The entire hiring process took just about two and a half months, from website application to start date, and included a phone screen followed by two in-person interviews. Not a lot of communication in between.

Associate Director, Development and Alumni Relations Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Chicago.

Submit the application online. Then there was a phone screen with the hiring manager. After that stage, there was four face to face interviews with 1-2 people per session. There was also a written test.

Student Fundraiser Interview

There was just one interview, in person. Submitted my resume online at their website, and got a callback fairly quickly. They told me about fundraising expectations (had to hit targets). The job was pretty simple, call someone and ask them a couple times to donate money.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral- why do you want to do this job? Why would you be good at it?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Chicago.

I had one skype interview, and one full day of in person interviews. All of it was pretty standard, no surprises. Everyone was a pleasure to work with. Having a employee refer me made a big difference. Many of these big universities never respond to applications, so having someone on the inside was a big help.

Interview Questions
    They were moderately willing to negotiate.

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Chicago.

There will be a rigorous application process. You will likely do both one-on-one interviews and group interviews with several layers of management and maybe even students. Be extremely well-prepared with specific examples of how your past experiences make you a good fit for this role. Have flawless application materials and practice your behavioral interview skills before coming in.

Radiology Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Chicago.

I was called and asked a few questions over the phone. Most were pretty basic which I thought was fine and went well as a ice breaker to get me even more prepared for the formal interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Where did I see myself with them in five years.   View Answer

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

I worked in my previous phd advisor's lab, so there was no interview.I just asked my adivsor if he is willing to support me for another year. He is satisfied with my phd work and he wants me to lead the team to explore further in current research. So he immediately let me stay here.

Standard NIH salary for 1st year postdoc

Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Chicago in October 2014.

Interview process was very laid back.You usually meet with different members of the department in one day. Make sure you read the job description beforehand and be familiar with what type of research they are currently conducting. Ask questions especially pertaining to their research and show interest in the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle working with a difficult person? How do you stay organized? How does this role align with your goals? What do you hope to gain from this position?   Answer Question

Better offer was made elsewhere

Graduate Student Interview

Submitted application. Initially heard nothing but then was told by a department administrator that I was on the waitlist. After affirming that I would attend the school if admitted I was finally accepted off the waitlist about 3 weeks before the deadlines.

Interview Questions

Chicago was a far more attractive option in terms of the grad school experience and the doors it would open afterwards.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Chicago in September 2014.

Extremely painless process, prompt callbacks, interviewers (hiring manager, doctors, HR recruiter and team) were not intimidating, extremely positive experience. Convenient location, not the hustle and bustle of being downtown Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • Usual interview questions, "how do you handle conflict?" "how are you on learning new things?", "do you adapt to change well?", etc.   Answer Question