University of Cincinnati Interview Questions & Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

2.5

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in April 2014.

My hiring and interview process experience was great for the current position. However, I do feel there is a large gap between the interviews.
    I was also one out of two top candidates for another position at UC, in which the interviews were set up with four different people over a course of six months and the fifth interview was still pending when I accepted the Research Coordinator position instead.
    However, for both positions, the interviewers were very friendly and I enjoyed interviewing with them.
    For the current position, I had three interviews. The first was a phone screen, second by the Professor hiring me and third by another Professor in the department. The third interview was very detailed and more intense than the three ones, asking a variety of questions about personal and professional life and also, asking what I would do in different case scenarios. Overall it was a good interview to judge how well suited I was for the position. My future goals were also considered.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question I was asked was what was the biggest mistake I think I made in my personal life, and I was also asked the same for my professional life.   View Answers (2)
    It was short-lived. I did not get the salary I was hoping for, but I accepted the position as it was a bridge to my future goals. The salary was in between what I asked and what was offered to me.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in January 2012.

Follow the guidelines on UC's website. In general a personnel statement, transcript, and 3 letters of references were submitted. A phone or one-on-one interview usually follows. On occasion you are sometime invited to the lab's weekly meeting to meet the group.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in January 2010.

Two separate step, phone interview and onsite interview. Very quickly and effectively. Different position will have different interview process. This is depend on what kind of position you applied. Typically, the research position is only determined by research principal investigator, the boss of the lab.

Research Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Several interviews, opportunity to get familiar to other Institutions, potential networking

Interview Questions
    Negotiate a good start-up money support and verify the levels and types of clerical assistance you may receive.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in March 2012.

It was a very quick phone interview. A faculty member called me and asked me to introduce myself based on my resume. Asked my teaching experience and some research questions, although they did not require it at all. Also asked me some behavior questions, and there was no surprise. The job offer was made the next week.

Architecture Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in March 2013.

The interview was very straight forward with my direct boss, in that I had to tell briefly my previous job experience. Then, I had the chance to talk a little about myself, and after 15 minutes, the interview was over. Later, I was introduced to the employees in the entire floor.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the interview I was asked how much I was expected to get paid. Although I was aware that at some point I was going to be asked the question (maybe a second interview of pre-selected candidates, or a phone call), I was surprised by the fact that my boss took his decision of hiring me, after a 10 min interview.   Answer Question
    I asked for more than they were expected to pay, although I knew I was asking more. Then, it was easier to negotiate the middle ground payment.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in March 2011.

The interview was relaxed and professional. I answered questions regarding my design work and work history. It was a pleasant experience.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Interview: Usually varies from Professor to Prof.. Previous experience and good grades do help. You need to follow the research of that prof. and read the recent papers and articles published. Meeting lab mates do help. Go with an open mind set and be well read about the current status of the research going in that lab.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Applicants for tenure track are reviewed by committee. Top 5-7 applicants are then asked to conduct phone interviews. Phone interview determines an invite for personal interview with faculty, directors, dean, students roughly a week or two later. This visit and presentation is a critical factor. This is a stat run institution. There are many steps and things can move slower than expected.

Interview Questions
    • How do you describe your teaching philosophy and how do you think it would fit in our program?   View Answer
    Negotiation was minimal. Director makes a bid, and you counter that bid. Until you find a middle ground.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in November 2011.

I was approached by one of my previous Professors to be a Teaching Assistant for the upcoming quarter. My professor told me what to expect, the required office hours, off campus work and communication. The interview itself was rather short. It focused on my curriculum knowledge and academic career. My professor was satisfied with my academic career and extended me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Very straight forward questions about basic economics knowledge.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Cincinnati? Contribute to the Community!