University of Cincinnati Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.6

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Mainly talking and no test process. The professor ask you about your research experience and former jobs. Then Ask how much do you know about the programming environment they are using. At last, he ask what is your expectation of the research job there.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been practicing programming?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

We had to fill out an application concerning research which we had been involved in recently, which was relative to what our fellowship research project would be, and depending on if you met the basic qualifications you were awarded the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose and significance of your research project of interest ?   Answer Question

Student Affairs IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Short, simple interview. Was asked about prior IT experience and then given a few hypothetical scenarios. The idea was more to judge my ability to work with an unknown situation and see how I would react than to find an exact answer.

Interview Questions

• Someone calls in saying that their printer is no longer working. How do you respond?   1 Answer
    • How much experience do you have troubleshooting PC related problems such as network connectivity, viruses, bugs, misc issues?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

My hiring and interview process experience was great for the current position. However, I do feel there is a large gap between the interviews. I was also one out of two top candidates for another position at UC, in which the interviews were set up with four different people over a course of six months and the fifth interview was still pending when I accepted the Research Coordinator position instead. However, for both positions, the interviewers were very friendly and I enjoyed interviewing with them. For the current position, I had three interviews. The first was a phone screen, second by the Professor hiring me and third by another Professor in the department. The third interview was very detailed and more intense than the three ones, asking a variety of questions about personal and professional life and also, asking what I would do in different case scenarios. Overall it was a good interview to judge how well suited I was for the position. My future goals were also considered.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question I was asked was what was the biggest mistake I think I made in my personal life, and I was also asked the same for my professional life.   3 Answers

Negotiation

It was short-lived. I did not get the salary I was hoping for, but I accepted the position as it was a bridge to my future goals. The salary was in between what I asked and what was offered to me.

Research Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Several interviews, opportunity to get familiar to other Institutions, potential networking

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate a good start-up money support and verify the levels and types of clerical assistance you may receive.

PC Support GA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

It was an on-site interview. The interview lasted for about 45-50 minutes. It was pretty intense though. After the interview was over, they immediately gave me an offer over the phone and an email.

Interview Questions

• They basically wanted to know how good I am with computers, printers and software troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Interview

Interview: Usually varies from Professor to Prof.. Previous experience and good grades do help. You need to follow the research of that prof. and read the recent papers and articles published. Meeting lab mates do help. Go with an open mind set and be well read about the current status of the research going in that lab.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Applicants for tenure track are reviewed by committee. Top 5-7 applicants are then asked to conduct phone interviews. Phone interview determines an invite for personal interview with faculty, directors, dean, students roughly a week or two later. This visit and presentation is a critical factor. This is a stat run institution. There are many steps and things can move slower than expected.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe your teaching philosophy and how do you think it would fit in our program?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was minimal. Director makes a bid, and you counter that bid. Until you find a middle ground.

Architecture Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward with my direct boss, in that I had to tell briefly my previous job experience. Then, I had the chance to talk a little about myself, and after 15 minutes, the interview was over. Later, I was introduced to the employees in the entire floor.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview I was asked how much I was expected to get paid. Although I was aware that at some point I was going to be asked the question (maybe a second interview of pre-selected candidates, or a phone call), I was surprised by the fact that my boss took his decision of hiring me, after a 10 min interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more than they were expected to pay, although I knew I was asking more. Then, it was easier to negotiate the middle ground payment.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

Found job through major. Required night shifts. One interview.