University of Cincinnati Interview Questions & Reviews

31 interviews

2.6

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in April 2014.

My hiring and interview process experience was great for the current position. However, I do feel there is a large gap between the interviews.
    I was also one out of two top candidates for another position at UC, in which the interviews were set up with four different people over a course of six months and the fifth interview was still pending when I accepted the Research Coordinator position instead.
    However, for both positions, the interviewers were very friendly and I enjoyed interviewing with them.
    For the current position, I had three interviews. The first was a phone screen, second by the Professor hiring me and third by another Professor in the department. The third interview was very detailed and more intense than the three ones, asking a variety of questions about personal and professional life and also, asking what I would do in different case scenarios. Overall it was a good interview to judge how well suited I was for the position. My future goals were also considered.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question I was asked was what was the biggest mistake I think I made in my personal life, and I was also asked the same for my professional life.   View Answer
    It was short-lived. I did not get the salary I was hoping for, but I accepted the position as it was a bridge to my future goals. The salary was in between what I asked and what was offered to me.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Submitted resume and applied via the jobsatuc.com online portal. After about two to three weeks I was contacted via email to set up a time for a phone interview with the hiring committee. After making it past that phase I was invited to an on-campus interview that lasted about half a day. I had three 1:1 interviews w/ the Director, AVP, and a Director from another unit I would be working with, and a group panel interview. They provided lunch and parking validation as well as detailed directions to/from campus.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to travel? (this was a basic requirement of the position)   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate some minor additional benefits worth roughly $1000/yr

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in January 2012.

Follow the guidelines on UC's website. In general a personnel statement, transcript, and 3 letters of references were submitted. A phone or one-on-one interview usually follows. On occasion you are sometime invited to the lab's weekly meeting to meet the group.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in January 2010.

Two separate step, phone interview and onsite interview. Very quickly and effectively. Different position will have different interview process. This is depend on what kind of position you applied. Typically, the research position is only determined by research principal investigator, the boss of the lab.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Submitted my application for graduate school

Associate Professor Educator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in February 2010.

The process is as follows: The college posts a call for applicants. From that pool a committee chooses 5 top candidates to conduct a phone interview. During the phone interview the committee reviews your portfolio and vitae while they talk to you. If you do well they will invite you to present your work in front of the faculty and the students. So prepare 2 presentations. After all of the top candidates present, the faculty compare notes and recommendations from other faculty and students and decide who gets the job. The entire process can take weeks to months before you hear if you are accepted or not.

Interview Questions
    • What is your research focus and how do you expect it to contribute to the research of this department.   View Answer
    No negotiation. You either accepted the offer and salary or you turned it down.

Research Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Several interviews, opportunity to get familiar to other Institutions, potential networking

Interview Questions
    Negotiate a good start-up money support and verify the levels and types of clerical assistance you may receive.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in March 2012.

It was a very quick phone interview. A faculty member called me and asked me to introduce myself based on my resume. Asked my teaching experience and some research questions, although they did not require it at all. Also asked me some behavior questions, and there was no surprise. The job offer was made the next week.

Computer Consultant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in May 2010.

You are given a interview mainly by an employee recommending you.

Interview Questions
    The boss was straight and to the point.

To be clear, I have never had or been called for an interview with UC. However, I have applied for 20+ various staffing positions throughout the past 10 years AND I am a graduate of a prestigious UC post-graduate program. I am also highly skilled and have higher education experience.

Interview Questions
    • I share this only to say that despite being both qualified and educated at UC, I have never been contacted for any of the positions for which I applied. I do not know how anyone manages to get a position at UC but I can only assume that a job seeker MUST know someone to get in the door.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Cincinnati? Contribute to the Community!