University of Cincinnati Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.6

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

It was a very easy process and I received support from the office secretary/ Human resources contact. Meeting the school director was casual and friendly. The interview process was about 30-40 minutes, which allowed enough time to discuss previous work experiences.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Mainly talking and no test process. The professor ask you about your research experience and former jobs. Then Ask how much do you know about the programming environment they are using. At last, he ask what is your expectation of the research job there.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been practicing programming?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

We had to fill out an application concerning research which we had been involved in recently, which was relative to what our fellowship research project would be, and depending on if you met the basic qualifications you were awarded the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose and significance of your research project of interest ?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Had several interviews, mostly in groups. Interviewers were very welcoming as was the recruiter. Make sure you have parking directions down because the campus is sprawling. Do your homework and know what's going on with the group you hope to join - whats going on in the news, UC website, etc.

Interview Questions

• What makes you uniquely qualified to do the job - what do you have that others don't?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

phone interview. asked questions pertaining to laboratory work and my knowledge in the lab. modern pathology knowledge was useful for this position. love my personal investigator but not so much the compensation of the company. very difficult pay for research assistants in the lab.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

Submitted resume and applied via the jobsatuc.com online portal. After about two to three weeks I was contacted via email to set up a time for a phone interview with the hiring committee. After making it past that phase I was invited to an on-campus interview that lasted about half a day. I had three 1:1 interviews w/ the Director, AVP, and a Director from another unit I would be working with, and a group panel interview. They provided lunch and parking validation as well as detailed directions to/from campus.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel? (this was a basic requirement of the position)   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate some minor additional benefits worth roughly $1000/yr

Student Affairs IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Short, simple interview. Was asked about prior IT experience and then given a few hypothetical scenarios. The idea was more to judge my ability to work with an unknown situation and see how I would react than to find an exact answer.

Interview Questions

• Someone calls in saying that their printer is no longer working. How do you respond?   1 Answer
    • How much experience do you have troubleshooting PC related problems such as network connectivity, viruses, bugs, misc issues?   Answer Question

Interview

Submitted my application for graduate school

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

My hiring and interview process experience was great for the current position. However, I do feel there is a large gap between the interviews. I was also one out of two top candidates for another position at UC, in which the interviews were set up with four different people over a course of six months and the fifth interview was still pending when I accepted the Research Coordinator position instead. However, for both positions, the interviewers were very friendly and I enjoyed interviewing with them. For the current position, I had three interviews. The first was a phone screen, second by the Professor hiring me and third by another Professor in the department. The third interview was very detailed and more intense than the three ones, asking a variety of questions about personal and professional life and also, asking what I would do in different case scenarios. Overall it was a good interview to judge how well suited I was for the position. My future goals were also considered.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question I was asked was what was the biggest mistake I think I made in my personal life, and I was also asked the same for my professional life.   3 Answers

Negotiation

It was short-lived. I did not get the salary I was hoping for, but I accepted the position as it was a bridge to my future goals. The salary was in between what I asked and what was offered to me.

Research Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Several interviews, opportunity to get familiar to other Institutions, potential networking

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate a good start-up money support and verify the levels and types of clerical assistance you may receive.