University of Cincinnati

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Professor Interview

Research Assistant Professor
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview Details – Several interviews, opportunity to get familiar to other Institutions, potential networking

Interview Question – Demonstrate your ability to secure federal fund   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate a good start-up money support and verify the levels and types of clerical assistance you may receive.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Visiting Assistant Professor
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a very quick phone interview. A faculty member called me and asked me to introduce myself based on my resume. Asked my teaching experience and some research questions, although they did not require it at all. Also asked me some behavior questions, and there was no surprise. The job offer was made the next week.

Interview Question – No surprise   Answer Question

Architecture Co-Op Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was very straight forward with my direct boss, in that I had to tell briefly my previous job experience. Then, I had the chance to talk a little about myself, and after 15 minutes, the interview was over. Later, I was introduced to the employees in the entire floor.

Interview Question – At the end of the interview I was asked how much I was expected to get paid. Although I was aware that at some point I was going to be asked the question (maybe a second interview of pre-selected candidates, or a phone call), I was surprised by the fact that my boss took his decision of hiring me, after a 10 min interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more than they were expected to pay, although I knew I was asking more. Then, it was easier to negotiate the middle ground payment.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was relaxed and professional. I answered questions regarding my design work and work history. It was a pleasant experience.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at University of Cincinnati

Interview Details – Interview: Usually varies from Professor to Prof.. Previous experience and good grades do help. You need to follow the research of that prof. and read the recent papers and articles published. Meeting lab mates do help. Go with an open mind set and be well read about the current status of the research going in that lab.

Interview Question – It will be related to field of research of that Prof.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview Details – Applicants for tenure track are reviewed by committee. Top 5-7 applicants are then asked to conduct phone interviews. Phone interview determines an invite for personal interview with faculty, directors, dean, students roughly a week or two later. This visit and presentation is a critical factor. This is a stat run institution. There are many steps and things can move slower than expected.

Interview Question – How do you describe your teaching philosophy and how do you think it would fit in our program?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was minimal. Director makes a bid, and you counter that bid. Until you find a middle ground.

Very Easy Interview

Teaching Assistant Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was approached by one of my previous Professors to be a Teaching Assistant for the upcoming quarter. My professor told me what to expect, the required office hours, off campus work and communication. The interview itself was rather short. It focused on my curriculum knowledge and academic career. My professor was satisfied with my academic career and extended me the offer.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Very straight forward questions about basic economics knowledge.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Cincinnati, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in June 2012.

Interview Details – Found job through major. Required night shifts. One interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Innovations Specialist Interview

Cincinnati, OH

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in February 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and cover letter. Then, 3-4 days later recieved a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview. I was then interviewed for about 45 minutes by two higher ups. They were extremely nice, and asked me a few questions about why I applied for the position and other basic interview questions.

Interview Question – What are your greatest weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasnt any negotiation. The pay was well above my expectations, so I didnt even try to negotiate

Assistant Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Cincinnati in February 2012.

Interview Details – She talked about the position, and she had me take a test in regards to accounting and Excel. She toured the office as well.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Cincinnati

Worked for University of Cincinnati? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Cincinnati interview questions and advice in Ohio. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Cincinnati employees and interview candidates.