University of Colorado Denver Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.8

Postdoctoral Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

just email contact and reserved an time for phone interview. during interview, just talk in general, and the potential projects. then salary, re location, and benefits etc. The interview last about half an hours, that s it

Professional Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Colorado Denver in May 2014.

Applied online. Was contacted within two days regarding an interview. The interview was standard and pretty informal. I was shown around the lab space and chatted with the PIs. Overall interview didn't contain any unexpected or difficult questions. I was asked about my experience with genetics. I was offered and accepted the job a few days after the interview.

I was asked what my starting salary preference was and was offered that amount.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

Informal one on one interview focusing on previous research in the group, my skills, my previous experiences and the project that I was going to do. Got asked to present my previous work to the group a few days after, then there was an informal lunch with the group members without the PI. I was offered the job within a couple of days.

Professional Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado Denver in April 2014.

I was contacted one week after submitting my application for a Skype interview. The interview was one week after that. No unexpected questions were asked, the interview was pretty straightforward and lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or especially difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

PRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

To attain this position I submitted my customized resume, cover letter, references, and sample of my work. After this, I interviewed with a panel of 6-8 people. After the interview, I was asked to complete a task. This took about an hour. It required analyzing the provided data and writing and executive summary.

Instructor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

None

Better opportunity else where

Help Desk Technician Interview

The hiring process takes a very long time and the interview process did not start until 2 months after I applied. The interview committee was not very technical and the members were rude. There was also no technical test, just a HR qualifications check and then the group interview. There was a short additional final interview but the manager was not really engaged and I got the impression he was going hire me regardless of what I said because they have a high turn over rate and were desperate.

Interview Questions
    • The asked a silly question about office 2003 and 2007 that really didn't matter. The older lady with the bad perfume asked me why I applied, with a really poor attitude.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation because they said I was essentially starting at the bottom and there were going to be very few opportunities for raises or advancement.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in June 2013.

contact PI, get hireddo

not much

Campus Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Colorado Denver in August 2011.

I was notified of an interview time and date after applying with Denver University. I went through a fairly
    standard interview that was primarily about background verification of information on the application.
    Then I was given a timed test on a computer. Watched a video and wrote a written report. The
    position, interviewer, and work culture was all very positive and professional. I would highly recommend
    the University of Denver as a place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Ordinary questions about the information on the application and why should they
      hire me over other candidates?

View Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado Denver in February 2011.

Amazing experience. Great people to work with. I felt at home from the moment I walked into the interview. The interviewers are very personable and I felt as if I was having a conversation rather than a formal interview. They make sure that they're hiring the right people.