University of Colorado Denver

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Student Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in February 2010.

Interview Details – Full day of interviews with about 6-8 professors

Interview Question – All questions were expected and not difficult   Answer Question

PRA Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

Interview Details – To attain this position I submitted my customized resume, cover letter, references, and sample of my work. After this, I interviewed with a panel of 6-8 people. After the interview, I was asked to complete a task. This took about an hour. It required analyzing the provided data and writing and executive summary.

Instructor Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

Interview Details – None

Reason for Declining – Better opportunity else where

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Aurora, CO

I applied in-person - interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in June 2013.

Interview Details – contact PI, get hireddo

Interview Question – What do you want to be in 10 yr ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much

Help Desk Technician Interview

Help Desk Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

Interview Details – The hiring process takes a very long time and the interview process did not start until 2 months after I applied. The interview committee was not very technical and the members were rude. There was also no technical test, just a HR qualifications check and then the group interview. There was a short additional final interview but the manager was not really engaged and I got the impression he was going hire me regardless of what I said because they have a high turn over rate and were desperate.

Interview Question – The asked a silly question about office 2003 and 2007 that really didn't matter. The older lady with the bad perfume asked me why I applied, with a really poor attitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because they said I was essentially starting at the bottom and there were going to be very few opportunities for raises or advancement.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in February 2011.

Interview Details – Amazing experience. Great people to work with. I felt at home from the moment I walked into the interview. The interviewers are very personable and I felt as if I was having a conversation rather than a formal interview. They make sure that they're hiring the right people.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email and scheduled an interview. Upon showing up everyone was relaxed and in casual clothes. Interview was fast and the PI did most of the talking. I was asked about my relevant course-work, interests in science/research, and if I was comfortable working with animals if the occasion arises.

Interview Question – What is a 1 molar solution? Easy but wasn't expecting it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salary was set but I did get to pick my schedule.

Mental Health Specialist for Research Interview

Aurora, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in January 2011.

Interview Details – This was for a promotion within my organization. Networking and knowing the persons hiring directly really helped me in this case, especially since I was an entry level candidate.

Interview Question – What do you know about NAEYC?   Answer Question

Campus Security Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was notified of an interview time and date after applying with Denver University. I went through a fairly
standard interview that was primarily about background verification of information on the application.
Then I was given a timed test on a computer. Watched a video and wrote a written report. The
position, interviewer, and work culture was all very positive and professional. I would highly recommend
the University of Denver as a place to work.

Interview Question – Ordinary questions about the information on the application and why should they
hire me over other candidates?
  View Answer

Laboratory Manager Interview

Aurora, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in June 2010.

Interview Details – I presented research information, and then spent the rest of the day interviewing with the staff who would oversee my work. Initial communications were in person. The lab is casual, and staff seems friendly.

Interview Question – Explain how you would handle personnel problems.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Colorado Denver? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Colorado Denver interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Colorado Denver employees and interview candidates.