University of Colorado Denver Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

Interview

The interview was handled professionally and the questions were relevant to the position. It was a phone interview that last around 45 minutes and they gave ample time for questions from the interviewee.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Denver, CO).

Interview

Several years ago, I interviewed for a RA job in the Department Education. It was obvious that the interview was solely for training purposes for the interviewers (at least that's the only way I could make sense of the ludicrous situation). When it was time for me (the interviewee) to ask questions, none of the 5-panel interview team could even answer what the position would be doing on a daily basis. Some hem/haw, and "well, we really won't be the ones overseeing this position." What???? The cost of having 4-5 personnel sitting in a room for hours on end, interviewing potential candidates for a part-time job that only pays ~$15/hour is straight up crazy! Simple math -- that CU department spent more $$ hiring for the position than they would pay for one year of salary.

Interview Questions

• Asked all of the cheesy interview questions - straight out of some corporate interview guide.   1 Answer

Low pay, part-time, vague job description. I eventually got another job offer at the same university in a different department that more closely met my background.

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

Interview

just email contact and reserved an time for phone interview. during interview, just talk in general, and the potential projects. then salary, re location, and benefits etc. The interview last about half an hours, that s it

Professional Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted within two days regarding an interview. The interview was standard and pretty informal. I was shown around the lab space and chatted with the PIs. Overall interview didn't contain any unexpected or difficult questions. I was asked about my experience with genetics. I was offered and accepted the job a few days after the interview.

Negotiation

I was asked what my starting salary preference was and was offered that amount.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

Interview

Informal one on one interview focusing on previous research in the group, my skills, my previous experiences and the project that I was going to do. Got asked to present my previous work to the group a few days after, then there was an informal lunch with the group members without the PI. I was offered the job within a couple of days.

Professional Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in April 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I heard back from the lead research assistant within a few days. Scheduled and had a phone interview with the lab research assistants a week later. Was forwarded to the study PIs, who I had another phone interview with the following week (I lived out of state). One more Skype interview a week later with the research assistants again, and was offered the job a week later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted one week after submitting my application for a Skype interview. The interview was one week after that. No unexpected questions were asked, the interview was pretty straightforward and lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or especially difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

PRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Denver, CO).

Interview

To attain this position I submitted my customized resume, cover letter, references, and sample of my work. After this, I interviewed with a panel of 6-8 people. After the interview, I was asked to complete a task. This took about an hour. It required analyzing the provided data and writing and executive summary.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

Interview

None

Better opportunity else where

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

Interview

The hiring process takes a very long time and the interview process did not start until 2 months after I applied. The interview committee was not very technical and the members were rude. There was also no technical test, just a HR qualifications check and then the group interview. There was a short additional final interview but the manager was not really engaged and I got the impression he was going hire me regardless of what I said because they have a high turn over rate and were desperate.

Interview Questions

• The asked a silly question about office 2003 and 2007 that really didn't matter. The older lady with the bad perfume asked me why I applied, with a really poor attitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because they said I was essentially starting at the bottom and there were going to be very few opportunities for raises or advancement.