University of Colorado Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.5

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado Hospital.

Interview

Applied online, there is a very high volume of applicants, especially new grads. Quick and easy, manager was flexible with me coming in from out of state. Job pending on passing EKG and Pharmacology test.

Interview Questions

• Manager, assistant manager, charge nurse all present. Asked a variety of clinical questions. Goals, strengths, weaknesses, why do you want this job.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado Hospital.

Interview

I did a phone interview. I was called on a conference line. I interviewed with two unit managers and a charge nurse. what was a difficult decision you have to make? what was the results? how did you handle it?

Care Team Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital in December 2013.

Interview

I was hired by word of mouth. I e-mailed an application to the doctor I was friends with she gave it to my now boss and they called me a few days later for and interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Certified Nurse Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado Hospital (Aurora, CO).

Interview

There were two interviews. After being called in and completing a short pre-test (questions pertain to the knowledge a CNA should have), there was an interview with a recruiter. If all went well, another interview would be scheduled with the nurse manager of a department. Basic interview questions were asked, along with situational ones--how would you, as a CNA, respond to such and such situation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you entered a patient's room and found them to be unresponsive?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado Hospital (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Great people, great staff. The tour was awesome. Meeting people and walking around was great!

Interview Questions

• Talking about previous difficult situations, and how I handled it   Answer Question

Epic Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado Hospital in January 2013.

Interview

After initial telephone screening, had an "audition" with two other candidates in the room. Was asked to present a brief lecture on a technical topic. Took several weeks between interview and job offer, with little communication in spite of efforts to follow up.

Interview Questions

• What adjective has someone used to describe you that came as a surprise?   Answer Question

Interview Went Well Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado Hospital (Aurora, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview was in Skype and was about an hour in length. There were interviewers and asked probably 20-25 questions and pertained to the job description. Some of the questions seemed to go out side the internet job description. H/R seemed to distract in the whole process. I sent a thank you email and was told at that time I was a good candidate.

The offer came down with out even meeting the managers or the facility on site. I asked multiple times for some sort of relocation assistance with out response until the counter offer letter. Did not meet wage or relocation requirements. Declined

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital (Loveland, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

None experienced applicants are hired before interdepartmental employees are given the job. Always have openings in this department since they lose employees every month due to transfers or quitting. Many new hires have no experience and that possibly is what management wants so you can be overworked beyond your job description and you wouldn't know any better.

Clinical Nurse II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Colorado Hospital in December 2009.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter a couple of days after I submitted my resume. I was interviewed by a panel of charge nurses who asked basic interview questions. Then I was given a tour of the unit. Staff appeared friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• If you had to have your tombstone written based on your career as a nurse in this unit, what would it say?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Regular staff nurse salary was a certain number based on your experience. Flex or per diem was a flat rate for everyone.