University of Colorado

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Student Affairs Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado in September 2011.

After finding out the position on a job listings website, I applied online. It was a relatively easy process, which I uploaded both my cover letter and resume. A month later, I received an email asking if I was still interested in the position but was reminded of the salary and how they would not offered relocation assistance (which I already knew/assumed). Once I accepted that fact, I was invited for a 15 minute phone interview, where I asked questions by a committee about student development, event planning, and diversity. It was really quick! The following week, I was invited for an on campus interview. I met with a variety of people, staff and students as well as individually and in groups. Although I was not offered the job, it ultimately took them a month to let me know that decision. It's a very homogenous campus, and I felt out of place as a person of color interviewing. Sometimes I felt was only brought to campus for that fact.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an event that you organized and how did you incorporate diversity into it?   Answer Question