Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Colorado at Boulder
- Professional Research Assistant (4)
- Assistant Director (3)
- Student Assistant (3)
- Research Associate (2)
- Resident Advisor (2)
- Graduate Research Assistant (2)
- Tutor (1)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (1)
- Postdoctoral Researcher (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Barista (1)
- Mail Clerk (1)
- Bookstore Graphic Designer (1)
- Assistant Professor, Clinical Track (1)
- Educational Administration (1)
- Alumni Relations Coordinator (1)
- CU Bookstore Clerk (1)
- Research Assistant (PhD Student) (1)
- Events and Outreach Assistant (1)
- Ice Rink Supervisor (1)
- New Resident Advisor (1)
- Coordinator Environment and Physical Assets (1)
- Director Bold Programs - College of Engineering (1)
- Retail Operations Assistant Manager (1)
- OIT Student Lab Administrator (1)
- Norlin Library Circulation Desk Employee (1)
- Student Assistant II (1)
- Assistant Professor (1)
- Learning Facilitator (1)
- Psychologist (1)
Assistant Director Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Denver, CO) in November 2014.
I was contacted through email with a link to HireVue for an online recorded interview, which consisted of about 5 questions, each of which I was given two minutes to review and the website immediately started recording me (whether I had an answer ready or not!) for three minutes. About two weeks later I was sent an email saying some anonymous "expert panel" had reviewed all the interviews, but I was not selected to move forward in the interview process. No explanation! No interaction with any people during the entire process, it was an incredibly impersonal and off-putting process! They said to stare at the camera to make it "feel" like there was eye-contact being made, but it's not natural and was impossible for me to maintain!
- Given a mock storyline situation (It's 8am, you have a presentation at 10am, you haven't finished your presentation, the delivery guy calls you and is lost, etc., etc...) what do you do? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for University of Colorado at Boulder
Assistant Director InterviewAccepted OfferPositive Experience
There was a preliminary phone screen which was followed by an on-campus interview with two individuals. The final round included a group interview with a panel of students, as this was a student facing role. Offers were made with a week of the final interview.
- How do you deal with ambiguity? Answer Question
The offer was at the top end of the range for this role and there was little room for negotiation.
Assistant Director InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (University of Colorado, CO) in December 2008.
Was interviewed as an on-campus employee. Took multiple rounds. Interviewed with individuals and panel.
- NCAA Eligibility requirements 1 Answer
No negotiation - state job