University of Colorado at Boulder Interview Questions in Boulder, CO

2.8

Web Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder.

Started with a group interview (solo, multiple CU people on the call), then went to solo interviews with boss and boss' boss. Process took a little less than a month. References were called.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, compensation was clearly laid out in the original jobs listing.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder.

Just had a phone call with my advisor and talked about my previous research. We went over a ppt slide I had prepared. Another student was on the line as we'll. took about 30 minutes or so. We exchanged emails to set the details of the hire like starting date etc.

I asked for a little more than initially offered and received it.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder.

One must submit an application with a resume an cover letter, go to a class to learn about being an RA and go through an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What in your life makes you equipped to advise students on the subject of social justice?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in August 2012.

Submitted a graduate application with GRE scores, recommendation letters, and personal statement essay. Also, needed to provide areas of interest and justification of why graduate school at this time in career.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to bring my own graduate funding months before coming on to campus.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I had the ability to accept or deny the offer.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in April 2012.

I had applied to the University in December (of the year before I started working). I took the assessments required but was placed in a 'bank' of applicants. I didn't receive a call about this position (not the one I originally applied for--better actually) until April. I had a phone interview to start and got along with the woman really well (she's now my boss). We scheduled an in-person interview (in May) where I met with my [now] supervisor, the woman whose position I was going to take over (she was quitting to spend time at home with her family), and the building proctor (who plays a big role in the department). I remember interviewing and loving the people that I was interviewing with--making my answer easy when the job was finally offered. After this interview, I was told that if I made it to the top three (?) candidates, my references would be called. I was informed of this and by the end of May I was offered the position.I accepted the offer, put in my two-weeks notice, and started my position in June. I do have to say that my supervisor/boss did a really good job with hiring for this position. There are two of us who do the same job and we were selected based off our credentials but also because my boss thought my co-worker and I would mesh the best together. I appreciate the time and consideration it took to fill this position.

I was looking for a higher salary and tried to negotiate the pay, but was not able to budge because the university had been on a salary-freeze for about three years and it wouldn't be fair to bring someone new in who was making more than those who had been there for years. Their base salary position will always be what they start you at.

Professional Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in March 2012.

My initial contact was through the online application process. After submitting a significant amount of information and filling out many forms, I was contacted by phone to come in for an interview. The interviewer was polite and friendly and overall my experience was positive. The actual interview itself consisted of a reasonably simple programming test, some detailed questions about my background, and some detailed questions about the technology that would be used for the position. Everything went smoothly and I believe I responded well to everything discussed. I was contacted with an offer a week later. However, due to constraints in the funding of the position, the offer was lower than I was willing to accept and I was forced to decline after an attempt at negotiation failed.

Interview Questions
    • I was presented with some code and asked to analyze it. After pointing out some bugs, I was able to correctly evaluate the purpose of the code segment and provide details about improvements.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to provide details of previous projects I had worked on, especially those relevant to the job.   Answer Question

The offer was not sufficiently attractive to accept due to funding constraints.

CU Bookstore Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in December 2011.

I initially heard about the position through the school's weekly campus email. I submitted my application to the bookstore in person and was contacted approximately a week later by email to set up an interview. The interview was overall painless. I had a one-to-one interview with one of the supervisors, and was offered the position on the spot. Pay was competitive, relative to other non-technical campus-jobs, but was a flat, non-negotiable rate.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest mistake you have made in a previous job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online – interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in December 2011.

Phone interview with 5 people.
    This was followed by an onsite interview. It included meeting 20 plus members of the university and a presentation.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in October 2011.

The hiring process at the university takes forever. It's a very long process. You apply to the position online through their system and then receive information if you passed the resume examination. Then you have to take a general test of administrative duties that is only offered on a specific date and time that you have to make. Then if you score high enough you are placed in a pool for them to choose for phone interviews. Then if you pass the phone interview you are brought in for a physical interview usually with a committee, sometimes just with the people you are hiring for. For this particular position I was already in the university system so I was able to just have an interview with the people that were going to hire me. Then after the interview you wait. It can take several months for the final process to be completed. The interview questions are all pretty standardized. Be prepared to wait a long time to hear about the position and dealing with the long interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any unexpected questions. They were more situation related. So be sure to have some story or specific example from past experiences to present.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. Basically whatever the salary range spans, expect to automatically start at the lowest end of that range without exception.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in August 2010.

phone interview and on-site interview. Offer is given

Travel expense reimbursement