University of Colorado at Boulder Interview Questions in Colorado

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.8

Learning Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

I was not actually interviewed for the position. The job opened up mid year and my name was put forward to fill the position. I believe this position is typically filled in house. I do not believe they advertise the job, preferring to choose someone known within the department.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through email with a link to HireVue for an online recorded interview, which consisted of about 5 questions, each of which I was given two minutes to review and the website immediately started recording me (whether I had an answer ready or not!) for three minutes. About two weeks later I was sent an email saying some anonymous "expert panel" had reviewed all the interviews, but I was not selected to move forward in the interview process. No explanation! No interaction with any people during the entire process, it was an incredibly impersonal and off-putting process! They said to stare at the camera to make it "feel" like there was eye-contact being made, but it's not natural and was impossible for me to maintain!

Interview Questions

• Given a mock storyline situation (It's 8am, you have a presentation at 10am, you haven't finished your presentation, the delivery guy calls you and is lost, etc., etc...) what do you do?   Answer Question

Web Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Started with a group interview (solo, multiple CU people on the call), then went to solo interviews with boss and boss' boss. Process took a little less than a month. References were called.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, compensation was clearly laid out in the original jobs listing.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Just had a phone call with my advisor and talked about my previous research. We went over a ppt slide I had prepared. Another student was on the line as we'll. took about 30 minutes or so. We exchanged emails to set the details of the hire like starting date etc.

Negotiation

I asked for a little more than initially offered and received it.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO).

Interview

One must submit an application with a resume an cover letter, go to a class to learn about being an RA and go through an interview.

Interview Questions

• What in your life makes you equipped to advise students on the subject of social justice?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Coordinator Environment and Physical Assets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Multi-level after phone screening. Met with division heads, managers and supervisors with a wide variety of titles and duties & responsibilities. Actually introduced to upper level academics probably for their general opinion of my appearance and demeanor to determine my fit in the overall academic world.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted a graduate application with GRE scores, recommendation letters, and personal statement essay. Also, needed to provide areas of interest and justification of why graduate school at this time in career.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to bring my own graduate funding months before coming on to campus.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I had the ability to accept or deny the offer.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

I had applied to the University in December (of the year before I started working). I took the assessments required but was placed in a 'bank' of applicants. I didn't receive a call about this position (not the one I originally applied for--better actually) until April. I had a phone interview to start and got along with the woman really well (she's now my boss). We scheduled an in-person interview (in May) where I met with my [now] supervisor, the woman whose position I was going to take over (she was quitting to spend time at home with her family), and the building proctor (who plays a big role in the department). I remember interviewing and loving the people that I was interviewing with--making my answer easy when the job was finally offered. After this interview, I was told that if I made it to the top three (?) candidates, my references would be called. I was informed of this and by the end of May I was offered the position.I accepted the offer, put in my two-weeks notice, and started my position in June. I do have to say that my supervisor/boss did a really good job with hiring for this position. There are two of us who do the same job and we were selected based off our credentials but also because my boss thought my co-worker and I would mesh the best together. I appreciate the time and consideration it took to fill this position.

Negotiation

I was looking for a higher salary and tried to negotiate the pay, but was not able to budge because the university had been on a salary-freeze for about three years and it wouldn't be fair to bring someone new in who was making more than those who had been there for years. Their base salary position will always be what they start you at.

Professional Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

My initial contact was through the online application process. After submitting a significant amount of information and filling out many forms, I was contacted by phone to come in for an interview. The interviewer was polite and friendly and overall my experience was positive. The actual interview itself consisted of a reasonably simple programming test, some detailed questions about my background, and some detailed questions about the technology that would be used for the position. Everything went smoothly and I believe I responded well to everything discussed. I was contacted with an offer a week later. However, due to constraints in the funding of the position, the offer was lower than I was willing to accept and I was forced to decline after an attempt at negotiation failed.

Interview Questions

• I was presented with some code and asked to analyze it. After pointing out some bugs, I was able to correctly evaluate the purpose of the code segment and provide details about improvements.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to provide details of previous projects I had worked on, especially those relevant to the job.   Answer Question

The offer was not sufficiently attractive to accept due to funding constraints.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with 5 people.
    This was followed by an onsite interview. It included meeting 20 plus members of the university and a presentation.