University of Colorado at Boulder

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Boulder, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted a graduate application with GRE scores, recommendation letters, and personal statement essay. Also, needed to provide areas of interest and justification of why graduate school at this time in career.

Interview Question – I was asked to bring my own graduate funding months before coming on to campus.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I had the ability to accept or deny the offer.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied to the University in December (of the year before I started working). I took the assessments required but was placed in a 'bank' of applicants. I didn't receive a call about this position (not the one I originally applied for--better actually) until April. I had a phone interview to start and got along with the woman really well (she's now my boss). We scheduled an in-person interview (in May) where I met with my [now] supervisor, the woman whose position I was going to take over (she was quitting to spend time at home with her family), and the building proctor (who plays a big role in the department). I remember interviewing and loving the people that I was interviewing with--making my answer easy when the job was finally offered. After this interview, I was told that if I made it to the top three (?) candidates, my references would be called. I was informed of this and by the end of May I was offered the position.I accepted the offer, put in my two-weeks notice, and started my position in June. I do have to say that my supervisor/boss did a really good job with hiring for this position. There are two of us who do the same job and we were selected based off our credentials but also because my boss thought my co-worker and I would mesh the best together. I appreciate the time and consideration it took to fill this position.

Negotiation Details – I was looking for a higher salary and tried to negotiate the pay, but was not able to budge because the university had been on a salary-freeze for about three years and it wouldn't be fair to bring someone new in who was making more than those who had been there for years. Their base salary position will always be what they start you at.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process at the university takes forever. It's a very long process. You apply to the position online through their system and then receive information if you passed the resume examination. Then you have to take a general test of administrative duties that is only offered on a specific date and time that you have to make. Then if you score high enough you are placed in a pool for them to choose for phone interviews. Then if you pass the phone interview you are brought in for a physical interview usually with a committee, sometimes just with the people you are hiring for. For this particular position I was already in the university system so I was able to just have an interview with the people that were going to hire me. Then after the interview you wait. It can take several months for the final process to be completed. The interview questions are all pretty standardized. Be prepared to wait a long time to hear about the position and dealing with the long interview process.

Interview Question – There weren't really any unexpected questions. They were more situation related. So be sure to have some story or specific example from past experiences to present.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. Basically whatever the salary range spans, expect to automatically start at the lowest end of that range without exception.

CU Bookstore Clerk Interview

CU Bookstore Clerk
Boulder, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in December 2011.

Interview Details – I initially heard about the position through the school's weekly campus email. I submitted my application to the bookstore in person and was contacted approximately a week later by email to set up an interview. The interview was overall painless. I had a one-to-one interview with one of the supervisors, and was offered the position on the spot. Pay was competitive, relative to other non-technical campus-jobs, but was a flat, non-negotiable rate.

Interview Question – What is the biggest mistake you have made in a previous job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Resident Advisor
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder.

Interview Details – One must submit an application with a resume an cover letter, go to a class to learn about being an RA and go through an interview.

Interview Question – What in your life makes you equipped to advise students on the subject of social justice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Administrator Interview

Administrator
Boulder, CO

I applied online - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with 5 people.
This was followed by an onsite interview. It included meeting 20 plus members of the university and a presentation.

Interview Question – Interview was easy.   Answer Question

Professional Research Assistant Interview

Professional Research Assistant
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in September 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume and cover letter through the LASP website and heard back from the hiring manager within a few hours. I had an interview a few days later which was about 4 hours long with a panel of people asking technical questions. It was all very friendly and not exceptionally challenging. I had a follow up interview a few days later where I talked with team leads from two different programs to see which one I'd be more interested in working on.

Interview Question – Describe how a kinematic mount works.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very brief. I had been hired recently by another company and knew what my skills were worth. They made a fair offer and I negotiated slightly more in salary.

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
University of Colorado, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in December 2008.

Interview Details – Was interviewed as an on-campus employee. Took multiple rounds. Interviewed with individuals and panel.

Interview Question – NCAA Eligibility requirements   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - state job

Educational Administration Interview

Educational Administration
Boulder, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in July 2010.

Interview Details – I answered a posted job announcement, then interviewed by phone with search committee, followed by an on-campus interview with prospective supervisor, colleagues and supervisees.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible. Take it or leave it.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in August 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview and on-site interview. Offer is given

Interview Question – Availability to work   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Travel expense reimbursement

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Colorado at Boulder

Worked for University of Colorado at Boulder? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Colorado at Boulder interview questions and advice in Colorado. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Colorado at Boulder employees and interview candidates.