University of Colorado at Boulder

Very Easy Interview

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Boulder, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder.

Interview Details – Just had a phone call with my advisor and talked about my previous research. We went over a ppt slide I had prepared. Another student was on the line as we'll. took about 30 minutes or so. We exchanged emails to set the details of the hire like starting date etc.

Negotiation Details – I asked for a little more than initially offered and received it.

Mail Clerk Interview

Mail Clerk

Interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder

Interview Details – It was pretty standard process, I applied for it online, after a week they called me for interview, and at the interview they explained what the duties for this position, they also checked my availability. It was one by one interview, then I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – Basic question   Answer Question

Community Assistant Interview

Community Assistant

Interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder

Interview Details – There was only one interview and it was pretty casual. I had a resume written which is probably what set me apart from the other applicants. It's really dependent on who is in charge at the residence hall that you apply to in terms of if they like you or not which will lead to being hired.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really a negotiation phase. The wage was set

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Boulder, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted a graduate application with GRE scores, recommendation letters, and personal statement essay. Also, needed to provide areas of interest and justification of why graduate school at this time in career.

Interview Question – I was asked to bring my own graduate funding months before coming on to campus.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I had the ability to accept or deny the offer.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied to the University in December (of the year before I started working). I took the assessments required but was placed in a 'bank' of applicants. I didn't receive a call about this position (not the one I originally applied for--better actually) until April. I had a phone interview to start and got along with the woman really well (she's now my boss). We scheduled an in-person interview (in May) where I met with my [now] supervisor, the woman whose position I was going to take over (she was quitting to spend time at home with her family), and the building proctor (who plays a big role in the department). I remember interviewing and loving the people that I was interviewing with--making my answer easy when the job was finally offered. After this interview, I was told that if I made it to the top three (?) candidates, my references would be called. I was informed of this and by the end of May I was offered the position.I accepted the offer, put in my two-weeks notice, and started my position in June. I do have to say that my supervisor/boss did a really good job with hiring for this position. There are two of us who do the same job and we were selected based off our credentials but also because my boss thought my co-worker and I would mesh the best together. I appreciate the time and consideration it took to fill this position.

Negotiation Details – I was looking for a higher salary and tried to negotiate the pay, but was not able to budge because the university had been on a salary-freeze for about three years and it wouldn't be fair to bring someone new in who was making more than those who had been there for years. Their base salary position will always be what they start you at.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process at the university takes forever. It's a very long process. You apply to the position online through their system and then receive information if you passed the resume examination. Then you have to take a general test of administrative duties that is only offered on a specific date and time that you have to make. Then if you score high enough you are placed in a pool for them to choose for phone interviews. Then if you pass the phone interview you are brought in for a physical interview usually with a committee, sometimes just with the people you are hiring for. For this particular position I was already in the university system so I was able to just have an interview with the people that were going to hire me. Then after the interview you wait. It can take several months for the final process to be completed. The interview questions are all pretty standardized. Be prepared to wait a long time to hear about the position and dealing with the long interview process.

Interview Question – There weren't really any unexpected questions. They were more situation related. So be sure to have some story or specific example from past experiences to present.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. Basically whatever the salary range spans, expect to automatically start at the lowest end of that range without exception.

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director

Interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder

Interview Details – There was a preliminary phone screen which was followed by an on-campus interview with two individuals. The final round included a group interview with a panel of students, as this was a student facing role. Offers were made with a week of the final interview.

Interview Question – How do you deal with ambiguity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was at the top end of the range for this role and there was little room for negotiation.

IT Technician II Interview

IT Technician II

Interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder

Interview Details – I don't care to add much to this segment. i find it a tad invasive. Could you please refrain from asking such questions in the future?

CU Bookstore Clerk Interview

CU Bookstore Clerk
Boulder, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in December 2011.

Interview Details – I initially heard about the position through the school's weekly campus email. I submitted my application to the bookstore in person and was contacted approximately a week later by email to set up an interview. The interview was overall painless. I had a one-to-one interview with one of the supervisors, and was offered the position on the spot. Pay was competitive, relative to other non-technical campus-jobs, but was a flat, non-negotiable rate.

Interview Question – What is the biggest mistake you have made in a previous job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Resident Advisor
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder.

Interview Details – One must submit an application with a resume an cover letter, go to a class to learn about being an RA and go through an interview.

Interview Question – What in your life makes you equipped to advise students on the subject of social justice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Colorado at Boulder

Worked for University of Colorado at Boulder? Contribute to the Community!