University of Connecticut Interview Questions & Reviews in Connecticut

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Storrs, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Connecticut in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and gave a video interview. Questions at glassdoor. Gave a technical interview few weeks later. Most of the questions are from glassdoor, could not answer 2-3 correctly maybe. I guess if you can not solve a problem you can ask the interviewer for hints and if you are wrong he tries to make you reconsider your answer. After the interview the interviewer asked me to ask questions about the position. Said he will forward my result and I will be hear from them in 2 weeks if they are interested. Checked application status after 10 minutes and found out that I was rejected.

Interview Questions
    • 2. Relationship between determinant of inverse of a matrix and its determinant.

3. If there are 400 people in room, what is the probability that at least 2 people share the same birthday?

4. Impulse to a linear discrete system, x[n] = [1 2 3 5 10]. Input signal frequency = 100Hz, what is the output frequency?
        Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Connecticut in January 2010.

It was a typical application process. My department afforded most entering students a TA-ship.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Connecticut in January 2010.

Send emails and ask some academic questions regarding to my background. Then telephone interview for more detail question in terms of what kind of project I have been involved and what my role in it.

Interview Questions
    • What's most difficult problems I have met and how I solved it.   Answer Question
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Connecticut in June 2010.

It was not a very formal interview. The person hiring just had few questions. They would initially give opportunity to everybody and would analyse their performance before continuing their contract.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at University of Connecticut.

Graduate Students are selected by Faculty based GRE, TOEFL scores.
    Projects, Internships, Prior Job experiences, skill-set requirements for current projects are all criterion's which professors look at before hiring.

Ra Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Storrs Mansfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs Mansfield, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Connecticut in April 2013.

Ask about interests in community building.

Interview Questions
    • Who is someone you admire or is a hero to you?   View Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Connecticut in May 2013.

I applied for the position on the University Careers website. I didn't hear anything back from them for a few weeks which was concerning, but they eventually contacted me for a phone interview.

The phone interview was scheduled for a week later and was with 5 individuals. They started off by introducing themselves. Next, I was asked a series of situational questions relating to how I would handle different problems. The main goal of these questions was to evaluate my critical thinking and problem solving skills. I think they also wanted to have an understanding of my knowledges of different web based/database technologies. After about 1.5 hours, the phone interview was complete and they said they would be in touch either way.

Two days after the phone interview, I received a an email asking me to come in for an on-site interview in which I would provide an example of an advanced web application that I had developed. The next week I had the onsite interview with the same 5 people from the phone interview. It was a pretty welcoming interview compared to others that I've had. It was only 45 minutes long and primarily consisted of me demonstrating my application and discussing the design and implementation of the application.

A week after the on-site interview I received an offer letter and accepted

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite programming language?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiated due to the budget.

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Connecticut in January 2011.

Online application through the university's student employment website. Interview performed over the phone or on campus depending upon the student's preference. Interview was very informal, discussing more of the department's role, and personal work history. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, and only about 2 questions were asked of myself.

Interview Questions
    • After discussing how they are a complicated operation that will require time to learn, they discussed how they are interested in hiring students for multiple years. They then asked: "Are you looking to be employed for multiple years? Does this security seem something of interest to you?"   View Answer
    No negotiation. The compensation is set by the university.

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Connecticut in March 2012.

It will be months before people are called for an interview. Typically, a preliminary phone interview of all qualified applicants, and then top 3-4 for in-person second round interviews. Committee styled second round interviews with structured questions, but the interviewers aren't hiring managers and no one from HR is included.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what was the least effective aspect of my former supervisor's management style   View Answer
    State institution so budget was limited. Tossed a couple numbers back and forth over the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at University of Connecticut in September 2011.

I had classes with the professor in Undergrad so there was not really an interview, I just needed to get accepted to the graduate school in uconn. When researching in the lab, my professor had funding and I was placed on an industry project.

Interview Questions
    The compensation packages are standard in all graduate fields.

Worked for University of Connecticut? Contribute to the Community!