University of Connecticut

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.4

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Connecticut in August 2014.

I filled out an online application on the student employment website and submitted a resume through the same system. I went in for an interview and was offered the job through email later that day.

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly challenging questions. They were all run-of-the-mill.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. What they offer is the best that you can receive.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Connecticut.

Graduate Students are selected by Faculty based GRE, TOEFL scores.
    Projects, Internships, Prior Job experiences, skill-set requirements for current projects are all criterion's which professors look at before hiring.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I applied online – interviewed at University of Connecticut.

You fill out an application form on the reslife website and submit that along with a written essay about your interest in the position and qualifications. If accepted, you move on to an in-person interview conducted by an existing RA and existing Hall Director. They ask questions about your personality, what you think you'll bring to the position, and how you'll handle certain scenarios that may arise on the job.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Connecticut in May 2013.

I applied for the position on the University Careers website. I didn't hear anything back from them for a few weeks which was concerning, but they eventually contacted me for a phone interview.

The phone interview was scheduled for a week later and was with 5 individuals. They started off by introducing themselves. Next, I was asked a series of situational questions relating to how I would handle different problems. The main goal of these questions was to evaluate my critical thinking and problem solving skills. I think they also wanted to have an understanding of my knowledges of different web based/database technologies. After about 1.5 hours, the phone interview was complete and they said they would be in touch either way.

Two days after the phone interview, I received a an email asking me to come in for an on-site interview in which I would provide an example of an advanced web application that I had developed. The next week I had the onsite interview with the same 5 people from the phone interview. It was a pretty welcoming interview compared to others that I've had. It was only 45 minutes long and primarily consisted of me demonstrating my application and discussing the design and implementation of the application.

A week after the on-site interview I received an offer letter and accepted

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite programming language?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiated due to the budget.

Ra Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs Mansfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs Mansfield, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Connecticut in April 2013.

Ask about interests in community building.

Interview Questions
    • Who is someone you admire or is a hero to you?   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Connecticut in April 2012.

We communicated via e-mail to set up an interview date. The interview seemed to be fairly informal, around 15 minutes or so. They asked to see my work and talked to me about my courses and schoolwork.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a stressful situation?   View Answer

Biology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield Center, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Mansfield Center, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Connecticut in April 2012.

They ask us to make an appoint for interview with phone call. Generally asking me abouth what he has interest in their field. Most important thing is to have similar research experience to their current research project.

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Connecticut in March 2012.

It will be months before people are called for an interview. Typically, a preliminary phone interview of all qualified applicants, and then top 3-4 for in-person second round interviews. Committee styled second round interviews with structured questions, but the interviewers aren't hiring managers and no one from HR is included.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what was the least effective aspect of my former supervisor's management style   View Answer
    State institution so budget was limited. Tossed a couple numbers back and forth over the phone.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Connecticut in September 2011.

I had classes with the professor in Undergrad so there was not really an interview, I just needed to get accepted to the graduate school in uconn. When researching in the lab, my professor had funding and I was placed on an industry project.

Interview Questions
    The compensation packages are standard in all graduate fields.

Field Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Connecticut in August 2011.

Responded to an add on the jobs website. Was interview over the phone. No technical questions just asked about experience and training.