University of Connecticut

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at University of Connecticut

Interview Details – Its pretty easy, ur background and work experience. not much difficult technical interview, just few relevent Qs, plus the interviewers are very friendly and very experienced, so better say no to a question rather than lying or giving wrong answers

Interview Question – They can ask you applications of ur past work in their work. so better know your past experience work tech details.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Storrs, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Connecticut in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview Details – Applied online and gave a video interview. Questions at glassdoor. Gave a technical interview few weeks later. Most of the questions are from glassdoor, could not answer 2-3 correctly maybe. I guess if you can not solve a problem you can ask the interviewer for hints and if you are wrong he tries to make you reconsider your answer. After the interview the interviewer asked me to ask questions about the position. Said he will forward my result and I will be hear from them in 2 weeks if they are interested. Checked application status after 10 minutes and found out that I was rejected.

Interview Question – 2. Relationship between determinant of inverse of a matrix and its determinant.

3. If there are 400 people in room, what is the probability that at least 2 people share the same birthday?

4. Impulse to a linear discrete system, x[n] = [1 2 3 5 10]. Input signal frequency = 100Hz, what is the output frequency?
  Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Storrs, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Connecticut in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was a typical application process. My department afforded most entering students a TA-ship.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

UCP Position Interview

UCP Position

Interviewed at University of Connecticut

Interview Details – Follow the directions on job posting and be sure to state on the resume and cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications

Interview Question – Why work at UConn?   View Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at University of Connecticut

Interview Details – depending on your cv and cover letter and whether someone from the department LOOOOOVE you for unsure reasons (definitely not because you are the best among applicants).

Very Easy Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Connecticut in January 2010.

Interview Details – Send emails and ask some academic questions regarding to my background. Then telephone interview for more detail question in terms of what kind of project I have been involved and what my role in it.

Interview Question – What's most difficult problems I have met and how I solved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Storrs, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Connecticut in June 2010.

Interview Details – It was not a very formal interview. The person hiring just had few questions. They would initially give opportunity to everybody and would analyse their performance before continuing their contract.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Storrs, CT

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of Connecticut.

Interview Details – Graduate Students are selected by Faculty based GRE, TOEFL scores.
Projects, Internships, Prior Job experiences, skill-set requirements for current projects are all criterion's which professors look at before hiring.

Interview Question – Depends on the individual.   Answer Question

Ra Interview

Ra
Storrs Mansfield, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Connecticut in April 2013.

Interview Details – Ask about interests in community building.

Interview Question – Who is someone you admire or is a hero to you?   View Answer

Research Assistant II Interview

Research Assistant II

Interviewed at University of Connecticut

Interview Details – This is largely based on the specific department. I was interviewed once and hired weeks later.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Connecticut

Worked for University of Connecticut? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Connecticut interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Connecticut employees and interview candidates.